Sometimes Sansaclip Volume gets awful loud!

hi,

i like my sansaclip, but i’m very pissed off: sometimes when i chance the volume, and then directly skip to the next track, my Clip is becoming so really awful lound. You cant belive it,it was so loud like an explosion( the track itself was not really loud). i tried to reduce the volume or pause the track, but nothing worked,it dont react to any button,it only plays the song very lound. the only thing that works it to pull the plug out and shut the player off.

This happens from time to time, not with specific tracks, its everytime a another track.

do i have to give the Sansaclip back to the shop?

last time this happends, i thought i loose my hearing

is this a known bug, did someone has the same problem?

please help me

greetings Sonny

Note- I corrected the spelling on your title for you.  Definitely update your device’s firmware either via the Sansa Updater, or by installing manually.  Here’s the handy Firmware Update Thread.

µsansa

Message Edited by microsansa on 02-14-2010 01:11 PM

update the firmware

You might also want to try a reset:  hold the on switch uppermost for 15-30 seconds.

I wonder if there is a mechanical issue with the volume switch.

If there’s no apparent fix, I’d go back to SanDisk under the warranty.

what is the warranty? i bought mine mid Dec '09 and its messin up on me (see other post)

1 year in the U.S., 2 years in the EU.

have bought it in May/09.

i thing its a firmware problem.

i will try an update, by droping the latest firmware to the root directory. without using the firewareupdateting tool(i hate to have all those programms, they make my computer slower)

Message Edited by Sonny on 02-12-2010 04:17 AM

summerlove wrote:
update the firmware

I second the motion. This was a known issue that was fixed in a firmware update some time ago. When discovered, SanDisk jumped on this PDQ and fixed it as it could be harmful to one’s hearing. :smiley:

@tapeworm wrote:

@summerlove wrote:
update the firmware

I second the motion. This was a known issue that was fixed in a firmware update some time ago. When discovered, SanDisk jumped on this PDQ and fixed it as it could be harmful to one’s hearing. :smiley:

Yup, that was my thinking.

how do you update the firmware if your comp won’t recognize the clip nor will it turn on?

@slowy wrote:
how do you update the firmware if your comp won’t recognize the clip nor will it turn on?

You can’t

ok, i have made an firmware update, and checked it. its the new.

have tested the player today:the bug is still there.

now i give the player back to the store, i bought from, hope for the warrenty.

i’m dissapointed from my SansaClip.