How to downgrade firmware

I updated to version 1.02.15 and now have problems with the player shutting off at random times while listening to audiobooks. I’d like to downgrade. How do I do this and where do I find the old firmware?

Links are still on this forum to the various firmwares.  Search the forums, or google if you remember which version you want.

01.02.09 | 01.02.13

interestingly mine also randomly shuts off while playing mp3. it has firmware 1.02.15. didnt know that older firmwares may be better in this regard.

@klie1 wrote:

interestingly mine also randomly shuts off while playing mp3. it has firmware 1.02.15. didnt know that older firmwares may be better in this regard.

They aren’t. The OP’s problem is related to something else, most likely a coincidence that it occurred after doing a firmware update. There is no problem with the latest firmware release. If there were, SanDisk would have fixed it by now.

Given that this update came out 9 months ago proves there are no pressing problems or issues that should be given high priority by the development team. Are there issues that could be fixed? Sure; minor ones. But if this update was causing a problems globally like random shut-downs, you can bet the team would be all over it in a hurry.

You should probably look at (at least some) of your .mp3’s. Did you recently add some to your player? Where did they come from? Are they properly tagged? Are they possibly corrupted? They key is what did you do just prior to this behavior starting? As Spock was fond of saying,“Logic dictates” that if something bad just started happening, it started happening for a reason. Since the player is an inanimate object, it cannot start this on its own. Therefore, it must be related to something that caused it from your interaction with it.

Or it just coincidentally & simultaneously suffered a hardware failure. In which case, SanDisk will replace it (if under warranty). :wink:

i certainly did nothing which could have affected the playback or the player acting so weird. all mp3s were encoded by myself, with no exception. also tagging done by myself.

lame encoded vbr files, id3 tags. all added on the same day at once, copied in a batch to the device. none corrupted. after playing the tracks again where the player shut itself off it had no problems with those tracks.

Then it’s an intermittent hardware issue. If it happens again, I would certainly call Tech Support on it.

i see. thanks for your help.