some folders not displaying in folder view

I put some podcasts into the music section so I could browse them and listen to them in folder view.  However, only four of the eight directories will display, and now none of my music directories.

Help!

@heavy wrote:

I put some podcasts into the music section so I could browse them and listen to them in folder view.  However, only four of the eight directories will display, and now none of my music directories.

Help!

Files  with podcast genres will not show in the music sections even if it is in the music folder.  If you  want to play your podcast as music you will need to change the genre.  then you will be able to view these files with the folder viewer in the music section.  I do not view this as a problem.  I put every thing in the music section and let the player sort my audio books to the podcast section due to the poscast genre.

@pdumas7 wrote:

Files  with podcast genres will not show in the music sections even if it is in the music folder.  If you  want to play your podcast as music you will need to change the genre.  then you will be able to view these files with the folder viewer in the music section.  I do not view this as a problem.  I put every thing in the music section and let the player sort my audio books to the podcast section due to the poscast genre.

I changed the genres to <blank> in MP3Tag.  That is not the problem.  Also, most of my music folders disappear from folder view as soon as I put my podcasts in the MUSIC directory with them.  Obviously not a tagging issue; more like a serious flaw in folder view.

@heavy wrote:

@pdumas7 wrote:

I changed the genres to <blank> in MP3Tag.   That is not the problem.  Also, most of my music folders disappear from folder view as soon as I put my podcasts in the MUSIC directory with them.  Obviously not a tagging issue; more like a serious flaw in folder view.

This could be your problem. Try creating a special Genre for your podcasts. Not Podcast obviously, but MP3Tag will let you create any custom name you want. Try it with a few at first to see if it helps; if it does then you can do the same to the rest. If not, you haven’t wasted that much time on it.

Why would genre tags on some files cause other files to disappear?

I think there is some sort of number issue.  If I put only audiobooks and podcasts in the music folder, (genre being “Flop”) everything shows up.  If I add 10 or so music folders to that, some folders disappear and some folders fail to show up.

How deep can the folder structure be on the Fuze+?

I would try Tapeworm’s idea first. If that idea does not work I would starts deleating podcast  files that you have copies of until you find the one that as causing the problem.  You may need to reformat your player to fix the file format.  I would call support if you do not want you reload your player.

I did change all the genre tags on my podcasts and audiobooks (to the aforementioned “Flop”), removing them from the player, unplugging the USB, allowing it to reindex, turning it off, then plugging it back in and copying the changed files back. 

It didn’t work.

However, I formatted the player (via Windows rather than the reset feature), copied everything back, and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Eh.