Items on external drive coming up in Music instead of Podcasts lately.

Yet they are all in the POdcast folder through a 16GB Microsd card. Yet when I access the card recent files are in the Music Folder which is really not ideal for Podcast listening since no bookmore and not even the time elapsed/time remaining just a progress bar which helps but isn’t as good as having the time there.

Also no ability to change the Speed of the Podcast. So what is up with this. Why is it showing up in the Music Folder even though putting in the podcast folder on the external card.

Are they tagged with the Genre “Podcast”?

I only load music, but I thought podcast and recording etc. could only be located on the clip. Could be wrong.

Nope, podcasts can be on an SD card as well (recordings, however, only record onto the player’s on-board memory). 

I sort of figures it out. On my external card I only have Podcasts, Books, and MSC. In Podcasts I created a new folder and it seems now any file in Podcasts shows up in Music while if I put it in the New Folder it comes up in Podcasts.

Did I delete the folder with Music and that is what is confusing the player. Not sure

Look at the id tag info for files that behave as they should using mp3tag or similar. Then use that as a guide to tagging all your files.

@clipfan7 wrote:

I sort of figures it out. On my external card I only have Podcasts, Books, and MSC. In Podcasts I created a new folder and it seems now any file in Podcasts shows up in Music while if I put it in the New Folder it comes up in Podcasts.

Did I delete the folder with Music and that is what is confusing the player. Not sure

No, your player is in MTP mode, which is confusing all around.