SMC - README - site to update DOES NOT EXIST!

Like many of you, I’ve been trying to get the media converter.

When trying to download the media converter from the software that came with Fuze, it tries to download the software from Sansa’s sub-domain that doesn’t exist: http://mp3support.sandisk.com/   Can someone prove this incorrect? because that is the site the software tries to access and regardless of what computer I use, it comes back with a pop-up message “There is no internet connection. Fix the problem and try again.”   WTF, Sansa want me to fix their problem?   AND DON’T TELL ME IT’S MY FIREWALL ■■■■ BECAUSE I KNOW MY NETWORK AND FIREWALL SETTINGS MORE THAN YOU DO.

This problem is with Sansa’s software engineers who “think” hard-coding a link into their app “thinking” that it will stay like that forever was the smartest idea they ever came up with! Howly ■■■■! That’s ingeninus!

UPDATE:

The mp3support subdomain exist but access to is controlled. I am at the moment downloading the SMC from that site. I’ll install the app when I get home this afternoon and report to everyone whether it works or not.

I don’t know how many posts you’ve read on the subject (or how far back you’ve gone), but just an FYI . . . in 90-99% of the cases, the source video must first be converted by yet another 3rd-party software program before the SMC can take over final conversion and transfer to your player. Oh, and you’ll probably need to download a codec pack too.

There are multiple suggestions as to which works best; AnyVideoConverter is popular, but some have said the Free version is crippled to only 3 minute videos.

I guess I’ll worry about the 3rd-party app later. All I’m interested in right now is the SMC program itself and see if it can actualy convert an avi file. If that works then I’m half-way there… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, though.

OMG, it works! Contrary to the common belief, no other third party app is needed…all you needs is the SMC. I am now watching and listening a video from Youtube…YES ON MY SANSA FUZE! ha!

Ok, people, here’s what you have to do:

1. Call Sandisk tech support and tell them you need the SMC for your device.

Tech will ask for the Model, Color and Size, your e-mail addy to send the link.

If you’re lazy to call or unable to get a resolution from their support, let me know and I’ll create a link on my personal

website where you can download the SMC file. Remember, it’s about 102MB. Send me a private message. I’m not sure

if Sandisk will bless this method… :slight_smile:

1. Sandisk support will send you a link to download the file. It’s about 102MB.

2. Install the software and it will create an icon on your desktop comp. I’m running Windows 7 64-bit.

3. Start the app then attach your Fuze. It should detect your player.

4. On the right pane, click on “Add media” and select your video to convert. I only tried mpeg4 and so far it works.

5. Click on Convert.  A 17MB video took about 45seconds to convert.

6. Unplug your Fuze, go to the video, and enjoy!

Questions?