Newbie: No Media Converter sent with my Fuze.

Today I got my Fuze. But on the Mini CD-ROM which was with it there was no Media Converter on it. I´ve tried to use SUPER or other programmes, but nothing works. I can not download the SMC from the website. I´ve downloaded the Sansa Updater, but this dowloaded a SMC which is damaged. I really don´t know what I should do. Please help me :-((((

Message Edited by Guy on 12-16-2009 01:14 PM

Check out the threads here about video4fuze. It was developed by a member here who was not a fan of SMC it may be easier for you.

Guy wrote:
Today I got my Fuze. But on the Mini CD-ROM which was with it there was no Media Converter on it. I´ve tried to use SUPER or other programmes, but nothing works. I can not download the SMC from the website. I´ve downloaded the Sansa Updater, but this dowloaded a SMC which is damaged. I really don´t know what I should do. Please help me :-((((

What do you mean “an SMC which is damaged”?

Just get Video4Fuze.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=31437

Thx, now it´s working. But I´ve got the problem that some video files were not converted. The SMC says that there´s no right codec. But it´s the same format like other videos which are working. What could I do?

Edit: Now it works, but in the MPG-video-file there are buckings and pixel mistakes. I´ve converted a format which doesn´t work with SMC into MPG, which works, but in MPG are strange bugs. How can I change this?

Message Edited by Guy on 12-17-2009 12:51 PM

Every conversion can introduce glitches.

Have you tried video4fuze ? It might react differently to those glitches.