Sleep Timer?

Is there a sleep timer anywhere in the fuze UI that I am missing? I want something that will shut down the system 15,30,60,90,etc minutes even if the unit is playing audio… for when I fall asleep listening to an audiobook.

Under System Settings > PowerSaver > “Shut down in __ mins”; but this doesn’t appear to shut down the system if there is an audio file playing.

Am I missing something?

gaurhoth 

auto shut down will only turn the device off if there is no activity on the device. the device will not shut down if a song is playing. you should be able to create a playlist and after the playlist has played through (if the device is not set to repeat) auto shut off will turn the device off after the selected time period.

That’s a bummer.  The sleep function is under the auto power function in the Clip’s menu.  The e200 v2 doesn’t have “sleep” either.

The sleep timer is a very nice convenience, isn’t it?

Hint hint hint…

I was hoping for it on the new toy.

Perhaps some day.

Bob  :wink: 

@drlucky wrote:

auto shut down will only turn the device off if there is no activity on the device. the device will not shut down if a song is playing. you should be able to create a playlist and after the playlist has played through (if the device is not set to repeat) auto shut off will turn the device off after the selected time period.

that’s what I’ve done.  Or listening to a podcast or short audiobook.  After the last one, it pauses and then shuts off after the time out.

I am running into this same issue. I can set the auto shutdown when playing a long playlist or if I have an audio book loaded not into the Audiobooks folder, and it will work. I like having my audio books in the Audiobooks folder because of the bookmarking feature but have changed the genre on all my audio books from Audiobooks (so that they load into the Audiobooks folder) to Audio Book so that I can use the PowerSaver and so that I can skip tracks.

This was added in firmware update. v01.01.22A.  (the one prior to the most recent)

Settings\System Settings\Sleep  (5th item down)

set the appropriate time