Sleep timer

Can someone tell me how to set this on a Ver 1.22.Went to settings ,sleep timer,set for 30min. and it stayed on 30 min.Won’t the device go off after setting it for 30min etc?Or is there another factor that determines when the timer kicks in?TIA

It works, are you pressing the centre button to confirm your choice after selecting the 30 minutes? Iy won’t work unless you confirm your choice…

@marksj wrote:
Can someone tell me how to set this on a Ver 1.22.Went to settings ,sleep timer,set for 30min. and it stayed on 30 min.Won’t the device go off after setting it for 30min etc?Or is there another factor that determines when the timer kicks in?TIA

Although I have never used the sleep timer…

I believe it will simply stop playing when it gets to that time limit (30 min with your setting) and then will continue to remain on for what ever length of time the Power Saver is set for, and then it will shut off. Since the Power Saver is really an inactivity time counter, it won’t start counting down until the device has stopped playing. So, you end up with one timer counting down to reach the Sleep timer limit, and then it triggers another timer to start counting down inactivity until it reaches the Power Saver time limit.

Or, at least that’s the way I believe it is designed to work.

I was pressing the center button after choice.I was however coming back to the timer and seeing if it had count"down".Maybe it is not like an egg timer and it will just stay on that time until it reaches it.I was’nt sure .I will check out tonite.

Once the desired time is displayed for the sleep timer, confirm it with a press of the center button.

After the selected minutes pass, the Sansa will power off, regardless of activity.

µsansa