Should I get my Fuze replaced already?

I complained of poor battery life earlier, and I think I know why. The **bleep** power says 100% but when I’m charging, it never stops blinking and the lightning bolt never goes away. It’s not charging properly or something.

Are you using a rear USB port, or if your pc is a notebook is it plugged into AC power? Front USB ports or a notebook on battery power might supply very little power.

No, it’s the back USB port. The problem is the Fuze itself thinking it’s 100% charged but it’s really not because it never stops the signs of charging like I described.

I’ve got another complain too. I wish you could click an artist and view all songs instead of albums, but you can’t, can you? Also, the only way to go to other artists while in a song is click the Home button and then go to music and back to artist, right?

The battery may be fully charged, but it may take a few charge cycles for the battery gauge to work properly. That is what happened with my Fuze. Try using if for at least 12 hours(let the battery gauge drop to under 50%) than charge it again. After a few charge cycles it will probably be okay.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
No, it’s the back USB port. The problem is the Fuze itself thinking it’s 100% charged but it’s really not because it never stops the signs of charging like I described.

You may be using a old windows machine, which does not support USB 2.0.

Try a new machine, you may find the problem gone.

It is hard to find a deficit hardware nowaday since it is fully tested before put to the market. Most of problems root from end user or end computer system.

Thanks man, I’ll try it. Can you answer my other questions and do you have AIM or MSN?

I’m using a relatively new machine with Windows XP SP2. I’ll try to charge it on the other computer but that’s older.

"“I’ve got another complain too. I wish you could click an artist and view all songs instead of albums, but you can’t, can you?”

You can. Choose the artist, then choose play all. Next click the button at the 6 'oclock position, then choose back to music list. It displays all the songs but in the order of the albums, not in alphabetical order. I wish it would be in alphabetical order.

"Also, the only way to go to other artists while in a song is click the Home button and then go to music and back to artist, right? "

I guess it depends how you got to the song that is playing?

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
I’m using a relatively new machine with Windows XP SP2. I’ll try to charge it on the other computer but that’s older.

Try other USB ports since it happens that one or more USB ports can not work properly on one machine.

Well, I don’t think it’s that. It charges but it has yet to finish charging. If I go to the system info though, it says 100% still. It’s been 25 minutes and it’s already down to 94%. You do the math, that’s going to be like 7 hours of battery life. I’m going to let it charge for 3 more hours and see if it ever stops. If it doesn’t, then I’ll just use it till it dies and see how many hours I get out of it. I’m getting to the songs by artists. Thanks for the tip to see all the songs, it helps a lot. I’m sure there’s a way to get back to artist with out going to the home screen right? Where exactly do I see the date anyway, I did set the date right? I know I set the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Been charging for 25 minutes, still getting the charge bolt.

Take my advice and let the battery run down quite a bit before charging it again. After my first few charges when the battery only got up to 97 or 98%(i think I didn’t let it get below 75% then), I let the battery run down quite a bit(perhaps down to 25% or so?) then I charged it, and after that it reached 100% charged each time in a reasonable amount of time. Imo it is a good idea to make sure to run the battery down to around 25% or so at least once every 20-30 charge cycles. Don’t run it too close to empty though. That isn’t good for the battery.

Message Edited by JK98 on 12-25-2008 10:45 PM

Alright, but do you understand what I mean by my problem?

It’s fully charged now based on the icon thingy since it’s not flashing. I’ll see how it goes.

Currently, you can enter the date, but the interface will not display it.  It’s a shame, huh?

The time is displayed in the lower left of the screen.

Tha date is used during recordings, both FM and Voice.  The Fuze generates a file name for your recordings based on a date and time stamp.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah, **bleep**. Well, is there a way to be listening to a song and go back to artists without actually going to the home screen, selecting music, and selecting artist again?

"Yeah, **bleep**. Well, is there a way to be listening to a song and go back to artists without actually going to the home screen, selecting music, and selecting artist again? "

I just did a test. Chose artist, then album, then started playing a song. Clicked on the 6 oclock position, chose back to music list, and it got me to the list of songs for the album. I clicked on the 9 oclock position, then I was back to all the albums for the artist. Another click on the 9 oclock position got me to the list of artists. It appears that with this firmware the back button has more functionality than in the past, but still isn’t perfect.

Do some experimentation.

Message Edited by JK98 on 12-25-2008 11:57 PM

I kind of figured the artist thing out *pokes private message* but it turns out to be the same amount of clicks I believe. It looks more professional this way though.