New Fuze, the battery seems charged.

Hi to you all. I buy a 4GB Fuze, and the first thing i done, was plug the cable for the battery’s first charge.

The reader for 10-15 seconds seems charging, and stop, the battery icon become green fixed.

I’ve read in the forum about front usb port, i plug the reader in a usb port on the retro, but ive the same thing.

When the reader is unplugged, i’ve half battery green…

What can i do?

darkham

Use it for a while, then try charging it again.

ok, but isn’t dangerous for the battery’s life?

Why would you think it’s dangerous?  It’s tough to use it without discharging the battery at some point, I’d say start now.

The charging circuit may just be a bit confused, and after the voltage drops a bit, it will charge properly.

Use it a couple of hours, try charging it again.  If it still refuses to charge, I would call SanDisk and ask them what they think you should do.

@darkham wrote:

Hi to you all. I buy a 4GB Fuze, and the first thing i done, was plug the cable for the battery’s first charge.

The reader for 10-15 seconds seems charging, and stop, the battery icon become green fixed.

I’ve read in the forum about front usb port, i plug the reader in a usb port on the retro, but ive the same thing.

When the reader is unplugged, i’ve half battery green…

What can i do?

darkham

Just play it. It seems pretty common for new players to have a charge some more than others. It is possible yours is charged up. But like tenzip said, play it for a while then charge it again. And keep in mind the battery in the player likes to be charged more than less. I charge mine everyday. 

it’s true, i understand new players sometime may have a battery charge, but my half green icon when unplugged, and full when plugged, makes me fear…

It’s really sad if my battery duration will be shortest then other fuze owners

Message Edited by darkham on 04-16-2009 08:03 PM

Let it play for 30 minutes… then do a soft reset (Slide the power switch up and hold it for 15-20 seconds) then plug it in and see what happens. If it has the same jump call sandisk and see what they say.

thanx, very friendly, i try.

I used it until shutdown. I plugged, but nothing, i’ve only the 4 color sansa logo animation, “connected”, and the battery icon green fixed.

@darkham wrote:

I used it until shutdown. I plugged, but nothing, i’ve only the 4 color sansa logo animation, “connected”, and the battery icon green fixed.

Is there a little yellow lightning bolt next to the battery? In your “My Computer” Right Click on the Fuze and go to properties, what does the battery life there say?

No yellow lightning thunderbolt, and “properties” on “my computer” works well, with Sansa Fuse properties like remaining space and other normal HD options/properties. i haven’t anything about battery in properties (i’ve WinXP Pro SP3…)

The USB mode can help me in anyway? Some type of reset/default configuration? Maybe the newlogo with 4 color running is a new mode for charging battery?

Message Edited by darkham on 04-16-2009 09:29 PM

Message Edited by darkham on 04-16-2009 09:35 PM

I unplugged the player, i changed into MTP Mode, and now im chargin… Isn’t MSC mode better than MTP?

@darkham wrote:

I unplugged the player, i changed into MTP Mode, and now im chargin… Isn’t MSC mode better than MTP?

Not always. We suggest it most times but in some cases it works better.

Errata Corrige : battery’s charging is stopped too…when unplugged charge is 31%, the player become cold, it’s possible that the charging process is active anyway but without the animation? how can i be sure of the battery charge? in this way i ruined the first battery charge, it’s very sad that the life and daily performance now are compromised.

please, i’m going crazy.

Message Edited by darkham on 04-16-2009 10:07 PM

Message Edited by darkham on 04-16-2009 10:14 PM

If its charging you SHOULD see animation. I suppose that if the firmware were corrupted or there was some kind of bug  you wouldnt see the animation. To the person with no animation leave it plugged in and see if the charge grows. The trick with the fuze is to find what works for you and stay with that.

what can i try to be sure of my firmware and aware of bugs?

Now I look a strange thing, i restart my system with Ubuntu Intrepid, and if i plug the player, it begin to charge until i click on “open a folder” as a response to the system’s question…but stopping some time later…

how i’m destroying my battery , plugging and unplugging the cable?

Message Edited by darkham on 04-16-2009 10:39 PM

Message Edited by darkham on 04-16-2009 10:56 PM

ok, i’m in the time for come back in the store and change with something else… fuze don’t seems good stuff.

Message Edited by darkham on 04-16-2009 11:02 PM

please,can i reset or flash some firmware to solve this? I’ve the 1.2.26F flashed when i believed my battery full of charge, at the beginning

Here:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=12835&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

(in sandisk forum we can find more, this is just the more representative)

and here:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39754

we can read about my similar issue. I only want to know if Fuze have Officially problems about battery (firmware based or pcb based). The difference between v1 and v2 maybe cover this too?

i replaced the first one, and now i have this issue again, my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-7VT600 1394

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=1667&ProductName=GA-7VT600%201394

here the specs

i’ve WinXp SP3 (for using sansa updater)

but Ubuntu (now) Jaunty Jackalope (and i’ve the same issue…) 

Maybe i’ve a PSU issue?