Serial number question

Hi, ive noticed that the serial number for the player is located at the bottom edge of the player.

However, it seems to differ from this code that appeared on my amazon.com receipt (where i got the clip from). Both starts with B though. So is the code on the receipt also the serial number?

Since the warranty requires the serial number and the proof of purchase (receipt), will i run into problems when i send it for servicing under the warranty?

Thanks

You shouldn’t have any problems with the serial number.  The code on the bottom of the device is a production number designating the type and series.

If you address the Clip+ using MTP mode, then use Windows Explorer (My Computer), select Properties with a right-click of the mouse over the device icon.  The electronic serial number can be seen there.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Ok. But if i bought it from amazon.com, is the serial number supposed to be printed on the receipt?

lazybum wrote:
Ok. But if i bought it from amazon.com, is the serial number supposed to be printed on the receipt?

I seriously doubt it. The ‘receipt’ you receive from Amazon is automatically and computer-generated. It has no way of knowing which particular unit is going to be pulled from stock in a warehouse (or various warehouses) thousands of miles and days away.