Recently I have bought SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD 4 TB. I plan to use it with 1.5 m USB TypeA → USB Type-C cable.
Problem is that disk sees itself only as a USB 2.0 device when we use long cable.
We have tried following:
- Cable shipped with SSD Type c → Type-C cable USB Gen 3.2 works ok
- Cable shipped with SSD Type C → Type-C->Type C to Type-A Adapter USB Gen 3.1 works ok
- 1m Type-A → Type C USB gen 3.1 works ok
- 1.5 m Type-A → Type C USB 2.0 works ok
- 3 m Type-A → Type C USB 2.0 works ok
- 2m Type-c → Type C USB 3.1 works ok
- Type A->type C adapter → 2m Type-c → Type C USB 2.0 works ok
Problem is I need to connect this drive via a long cable (1.5m at least) and have USB 3.1 speeds (5000 mbit) other drives work ok with this cable length in usb 3.1 mode, but sandisk recognized as a usb 2.0 device.
Is there any fix for that? Or some long type-a to type-c cable recomendations?