Scroll Wheel damage?

Greetings.

I’ve had a Sansa e280 for a long while, which I’ve enjoyed a lot. Until it recently developed an LCD problem, which could not be fixed given the way the ribbon is soldered to the pcb. So, when I found a Fuze v2 for a very good price, I decided to go for it. (it’s new).

I had been using the fuze for three days now, enjoying all the great additions and changes to the system , but for the last two days, I’ve been having troubles. Yesterday, the scroll wheel would not scroll, (it would scroll phisically, but produces no effect on the system), unless I hit the menu button a few times, when it causes the wheel to scroll… today, it stopped scrolling alltogether after I turn on the system, and there seems to be nothing that can turn it on (the device mounts on my machine as usual, I just can’t use the menus because the scroll wheel does nothing).

I bought it new, but the site I bought it off is not the most technical of places, and there’s as far as I know no Sandisk representative on my country (Venezuela). So I don’t think I have a warranty… Is there anything you can think of I can try to make the wheel work again?

Btw, I’ve already installed the lattest firmware for V2, and reinstalled again after this began, it didn’t help.

Put a drop of lubricant on the center of the wheel. Should loosen right up and just wipe the excess off. I have 3 of them that I bought cheap with this problem and that’s all it took to get them working again.

@lars_g wrote:

I bought it new, but the site I bought it off is not the most technical of places, and there’s as far as I know no Sandisk representative on my country (Venezuela). So I don’t think I have a warranty…

Whether the dealer you bought it from is ‘technical’ or not, the fact remains the unit is defective and they should either give you another one or refund your money (if you’re within their return window).