sansa media converter with video

hello i am new to the board and this type of technology in general. i am trying to use the sansa media converter to convert a movie and it is just not working. when i click “convert” the pop up window comes up saying that conversion os underway etc but nothing happens after. any suggestions? my daughter is really bugging me about this.

thank you,

arubalou

noralou@verizon.net

TRANSFERING OF VIDEO FILES TO SANSA FUSE IS MUCH EASIER THAN ANYONE CAN IMAGINE (!!)         :smileyvery-happy:

I’ll WRITE DOWN NECESSARY STEPS:

IMPORTANT NOTE: the step 6. is most important (!), in general you can skip first 5 steps if you downloaded and installed Sansa Media Player. 

1. Copy all content of your Sansa Fuse player to your computer hard disk to save your data,

2. Format your Sansa player,

3. Disconnect your player from computer, go to Settings/ System Settings/ Reset Factory Setting, there when asked to choose Language, choose ENGLISH (or your mothertongue language), after that you’ll have to choose region, by doing that, infact you choose between very low sound volume level (!)  of EUROPE option (in Europe law restricts maximum volume level) or very high volume level(!) of NORTH AMERICA option (America is land of free).   

4. FIRST OF ALL, you’ll have to download Sansa Firmware Updater, go to link: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/278/session/L2F2LzEvc2lkLzNPN0x3eCpq/kw/firmware/r_id/101834

PLEASE NOTE: ONLY(!)  TROUGH SAMSA FIRMWARE UPDATER, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FINALLY DOWNLOAD SANSA MEDIA CONVERTER !!

To do that, you have to choose to downlad it from ‘‘DOWNLADS’’ menu, on picture shown at link, it’s check ‘‘Firmware’’ component, instead of that component you have to check ‘‘Sansa Media Converter’’ component and press ‘‘Downlad now’’.

5. Go to Start (Windows xp) / Programs/ SanDisk/ Sansa Updater/ Sansa Media Converter (press that), and it will start instalation

At screen it will occur a small window with note: ‘‘Unpacking Sansa Media Convert’’   follow all instalation instructions till and of instalation, it will occur Blue icon in your Desktop.

---- MOST IMPORTANT STEP ----

6.  At your Sansa Fuse player go to Settings/ System Settings/ USB Mode/ choose MSC option (!)

6a. Now you can connect your player to computer and start Sansa Media Converter (SMC).

Look at ‘‘Information’’ (left side of SMC display), if your player is accepted (recognised) by SMC, in that field it should be shown small picture of Sansa Fuse player with ‘‘Total space’’ and ‘‘Available space’’ informations. 

To add your video file (see; ABOUT SUPORTED INPUT FORMATS) that you want to convert and transfer to your Sansa Fuse player, press Add Media button and locate your file, after that press ‘‘Convert’’, after conversion (it will take some time) your video file will be automatically transfered to your player (your player is output folder by default!) 

**ABOUT SUPPORTED INPUT FORMATS:  IT’S BEST TO HAVE INPUT FILE IN  MPEG (MPEG 2 + ACC),  MP4  OR  AVI (XVID)  FORMATS. **

If  you want to obtain video files in above supported formats, you can use really free software named ‘‘save2pc’’ which is similar but much better than YoutubeDownloader, here this is link where you can download it: http://www.save2pc.com/download.html

With save2pc, you can download supported video files (**) from YouTube and than convert and transfer it to your player using Sansa Media Converter.

You can also use some other programs to download  video files in supported formats such as: ASF, MOV (licensed by Apple), MP4 (licensed by Apple), QT (Apple), WMV (licensed by Microsoft).

THAT’S ALL FOLKS, ENJOY!!!

Just for Croat users

PREBACIVANJE VIDEO FAJLOVA NA SANSA FUSE PLAYER

UPOZORENJE: Ako imaš downloadiran Sansa Media Converter, idi na točku 6. 

1. Kopiraj sadržaj svog Sansa Fuse playera na hard disk svoj kompjutera kako bi sačuvao svoje fajlove 

2. formatiraj Sansa player

3. Odspoji uređaj sa kompjutera te idi na  Settings/ System Settings/ Reset Factory Settings, pod opcijom Language, odaberi ENGLISH (ili koji već želiš), poslije toga ćeš morati odabrati regiju, odabirom regije odabireš za regiju dopuštenu glasnoću, ako odabereš North America nećeš imati ograničenja glasnoće, ako odabereš Europe glasnoća će biti stupidno limitirana zbog zakona Europske Unije

4. KAO PRVO,trebaš downloadirati Sansa Firmware Updater na linku http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/278/session/L2F2LzEvc2lkLzNPN0x3eCpq/kw/firmware/r_id/101834  

NAPOMENA: SAMO(!) POMOĆU SAMSA FIRMWARE UPDATERA, MOŽEŠ KONAČNO DOWNLOADIRATI SANSA MEDIA CONVERTER, kako bi to učinio, moraš sa ‘‘DOWNLADS’’ izbornika umjesto ‘‘Firmware’’ komponente, odabrati  ‘‘Sansa Media Converter’’ komponentu!! te pritisnuti ‘‘Download now’’.

5. Idi na Start (Windows xp) / Programs/ SanDisk/ Sansa Updater/ Sansa Media Converter (pritisni), pokrene se instalacija programa, na monitoru se javlja prozor sa natpisom ‘‘Unpacking Sansa Media Converter’’, slijedi sve instrukcije do kraja instalacije, u desktopu se naposlijetku pojavi plava ikona programa.

6. Uključi svoj Sansa Fuse Player idi na  Settings/ System Settings/ USB Mode/ odaberi Auto Detect (!), ovu opciju koristi samo kada prebacuješ video fajlove na player, nakon prebacivanja, kada odspojiš player sa kompjutera, odaberi prvotnu opciju 

6a. Sada priključi svoj player na kompjuter i pokreni Sansa Media Converte - SMC. Kada Uključiš SMC, pogledaj lijevu stranu displaya, ispod natpisa ‘‘Information’’, tamo bi trebala biti prikazana mala slika Sansa Fuse playera sa dodatnim informacijama ‘‘Total space’’ i ‘‘Available space’’

Kako bi u SMC dodao svoje video fajlove (vidi: PODRŽANI ULAZNI FORMATI) , koristi tipku ‘‘Add Media’’ te pomoću padajučih izbornika lociraj svoj faj, pritisni jednim klikom na taj fajl i pritisni tipku ‘‘Convert’’, pretvorba će trajati neko vrijeme, a izlazni konvertirani fajl automatski će biti smješten na tvoj Sansa Fuse player.

PODRŽANI ULAZNI FORMATI: NAJBOLJE JE KORISTITI ULAZNE VIDEO FAJLOVE U  MPEG,  MP4,  ILI   AVI(XVID) FORMATIMA 

Kako bi sa interneta skidao video fajlove u takvim formatima (**) možeš koristiti stvarno besplatni software ‘‘save2pc’’, koji radi na istom principu kao i YouTubeDownloader ali je puno bolji, program možeš preuzeti na linku: http://www.save2pc.com/download.html

Pomoću tog programa, možeš sa YouTubea skidati podržane video fajlove (**) i naknadno ih konvertirati i prebacivati na player pomoću Sansa Media Converter

Osim ovog softwarea, možeš koristiti i druge programe, odnosno video fajlove u drugim podržanim formatima ali tu stvari postaju puno kompliciranije

Ljudi to je sve, razvalite taj player - nek se boje stope!!

Message Edited by Zmaj on 05-23-2010 08:49 AM

Message Edited by Zmaj on 05-23-2010 08:53 AM

Well, that looks pretty terrifying to me, even the parts that aren’t in Croatian. 

There’s a simpler process. 

Get an old free program called DVD Decrypter. Google it.

Get the free program video4fuze from this thread (first post)

Use DVD Decrypter to convert your movie to .avi.

Connect your Fuze. Use video4fuze to convert the .avi to the Fuze.

It will take a while. A lot of processing is involved. 

Zmaj wrote:

6.  At your Sansa Fuse player go to Settings/ System Settings/ USB Mode/ choose Auto Detect (!), this option you have to use when you want to transfer your videos to player.

THAT’S ALL FOLKS, ENJOY!!!

Not quite all . . . NEVER use the dreaded and problem-causing Auto Defect setting! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, i have to admit, Auto detect option is confusing, and it’s better to use MSC option in order to transfer your video files to Sansa Fuse player.

(Ipak je bolje koristiti opciju MSC)

Geetings from Croatia, please visit this page to relax from all this technology complications: http://www.croatia.hr/en-GB/Homepage

Message Edited by Zmaj on 05-23-2010 07:21 AM

Black [||]  My description was just precise cause there are people which do not speak in C++ language on daily baisis, but if you look careful, you’ll find out I have noted that

only step 6. is important.

Also, you have to realise video4fuse doesn’t work without special additional programs, even than you have to know lot about all that, remembe, doesn’t all people talk and think in C++.   :stuck_out_tongue:

When taking all that facts, it’s much easier to transfer vids to Sansa trough regular SMC.

Ps. I know that English language dominate the world, but you see there are the other languages which are not less worth or important in this world, with just one language, one culture, one way of living, very soon we would live in very boring and dull Matrix, without any soul and without any creativity infact without hope.

This world desperately needs all that beautiful diversity, for eg. without Croatia world would never have electricity (Nikola Tesla was born and formed in Croatia), also without Croatia world would never have necktie (or Cravat what’s derived from French for Croat), airship Zeppelin is also Croat invention (look for David Schwarz).

I’m not here to say that everything in this world is Croat, but to show to you, that many small nations contributet to this world and that world wouldn’t be the same without all that nations, all that cultures, all that languages, infact all that diversity.

Message Edited by Zmaj on 05-23-2010 07:49 AM

I fully agree with you about diversity in the world. And where would be be without Tesla?

The problem is that you presented someone who wanted a simple answer with a wall of text in two languages.

We still haven’t heard back from that person. 

I have presented my answer in two languages, since there are great deal of Croat users which also have the same problem with Sansa Fuse player, I was just one of them, and I have lost two days (!) to find out solution, I just wanted to help to as many people as I can help.

Infact I can’t beleieve the SanDisk couldn’t put such easy steps in every manual, I really don’t undestand that.

But I’m sure my answer will help some people, since it is very very precise, so I’m happy cause of that.

Message Edited by Zmaj on 05-23-2010 08:34 AM