Sansa Media Converter Build 4.256 & 4.263 Release Notes
This new release includes support for the new Sansa Fuze release, as well as various bug fixes and changes listed below.
To download Sansa Media Converter, please download and install the Sansa Firmware updater first, connect your Sansa device and check for updates. The Sansa Updater may not open if your Sansa has the latest firmware installed. In this case, go to Start > All Programs > SanDisk > Sansa Updater, with your Sansa plugged in. The Updater will open, and will then take a moment checking for updates. If your device is eligible, you should get the Sansa Media Converter item in the list for available downloads.
1) The new version of SMC (263) is only for Fuze (V1 and V2) and the new Fuze+.
2) All previous/legacy Sansa players will continue to have the ability to download the previous/current version of SMC (256).
Sansa Media Converter version 4.256 Release notes
· SMC causes certain TV tuners to not be detected on Windows Media Center PC
· New Sansa background and logo
· Videos converting in batch sometimes do not play or synchronize to the Sansa Fuze (Work around: Only convert one file at a time)
· If a USB drive is connected to the PC as well as a Sansa player without a microSD card in it, SMC indicates that the USB drive is a microSD card in the Sansa Player (Work around: Only connect one USB device at a time when using SMC)
· Video and audio out of sync on certain video files (typically files longer than 30 minutes)
Sansa Media Converter version 4.263 Release notes
Supports only Sansa Fuze and Sansa Fuze+
SMC now supports *.flv files containing an MPEG-4 or H.264 encoded video stream.
- Supports only Sansa Fuze and Sansa Fuze+.
- If the system that SMC is running on does not have the appropriate CODECs installed, then SMC may not be able to convert certain files.
This product is intended to be used for converting your personal files. Copying or commercial use of copyrighted material without permission of the copyright owner may be prohibited by law. Use of your MP3 player, in compliance with all copyright and applicable intellectual property laws, remains the responsibility of the user of the product.
- If the system that SMC is running on does not have the appropriate CODECs installed, SMC may not be able to convert certain files.