Sansa m240 won't play after transferring music...

Help…!!!

1. I use drag n drop method to transfer music, been using this for years with no problem.
2. Lately , the music won’t play after the transfer. The files even appears in the artist and album list (but won’t play), but not in the general  directory that  you see in the screen when your playing the music. Even those music that  use to play won’t play anymore, but some do play.
3.I use WMP-11 to rip and burn music.
4. Sansa firmware v. 3.2.8A

thank you for the help…

you try a different set of songs? possibly a reformat of the player?

I tried different song, It plays, some don’t… I also tried those song that I copied before does’t play anymore…

I’ll try to find an instruction to format my m240.

thanks

just right click the player through my computer and select format. that should work.

I’ve done reformating my player but it did not solve the problem…

some song do still play, but some songs that use to play does’t play anymore as well as other songs…

I did not change the song formats…

thanks for your help guys…

Message Edited by M240user on 08-21-2007 05:47 PM

what happens when you try to play those songs? Does it just skip over the song, or does it stay on pause or something like that?

i know this sounds stupid… but try transfering the songs via MTP mode to the player … i wonder if that will work.

Enigma,

yes it stays pause If I press play it goes back to pause right away, and sometimes skips if the song appears to be the first to be played.

Bleach_fan,

I always use MTP I never use MSC

thank you…

Message Edited by M240user on 08-22-2007 07:15 AM

you got your files from cd’s correct?

yes, I rip it from cd using WMP-11 then use drag n drop to transfer music from My Music folder to my m240.

I’ve been using this method for a long time, not until lately that I am having this problem…by the way my music format is WMA-P (Windows Media Audio Pro) and MP3 never had problem with this formats.

Are the songs that don’t play in just WMA or just MP3 formats?

both…

inside of windows media player lets click on tools. From there you can click on options>Rip Music tab. There is a box that says “copy protect”, is it checked?

“copy write protect” is not checked…

This has happened to me 2 or 3 times.  Removing the battery and letting it sit for 15 to 20 minutes, then replacing the battery has worked for me… Nothing else worked (resetting to factory defaults, re-formatting, etc.).