??? sansa is really dropping points

whats good people

i just bought a sansa fuze a week ago first it wont take video and now the piece of junk wont turn on it wont even go to the charging screen

back ground info 

model sansa fuze 4 gig

expansion 512 mb micro sd

OS windows vista home premium

the battery died i put it to charge by linking it to my PC came back a few hours later expecting it to be fully charged and the screen was blank 

(odd) normally when it charges there is something on screen

disconnected it hit the power switch nothing happening (getting annoyed)

re attached it to the PC still nothing

hit the power switch again and againg nothing

held the home button while pushing power switch nada

look im a die hard sansa fan ive had my E250 for around 4 years with NOT ONE problem 

upgraded to the fuze cause the 250 looked bad (raggady) 

and this piece of :cry: isnt liveing up to what ive come to expect from san disk 

anyone got any ideas 

Message Edited by microsansa on 03-08-2009 09:10 AM

aight i fixed this piece of junk

if this thing give me one more issue im getting an i pod 

Sounds like you were having a bad day.

If you’ve worked with an e250 for a few years, most surely, you’d notice the drastic change in function with the Fuze.  You can now work with the µSD card (actually, SD HC up to 16GB currently), loading video on the card too.  The user interface is on a whole new level.  Audiobooks and podcasts have bookmarking, we have FLAC, OGG… heck, there’s even video bookmarks.

I just wish there was a decent old school leather case for the machine, and the headphone jack is upside-down, hehe.

Take a look at the iPod forums, apparently Apple does include headaches at no extra charge.

Please remember this is a public forum, so thinly veiled “bad words” don’t belong here, especially since families browse the forum.

Glad you have it up and running.  The answers to most any bizarre glitch can be found here!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@big wrote:

The creedo of a true Sansa fan.

@big wrote:

The mark of a true Sansa fan.

Slightly off-topic here…but…Is there anyway we can get the “double-u”, “tee” and “eff” letter combination a non-permissible post?  I’m no kid but that letter combination is plain vulgar and I see it being used time and time again on this forum…

Come on guys, we know what that combination means, and I think it’s un-called for (along with any other letter /symbol  combination that denotes a profane word)…

I can throw out expletives with the best of them, but when I go to a forum to discuss Sandisk products, I shouldn’t have to put up with them…

OK…rant over…:smiley:

I agree with you, let’s fix the title.  Thinly veiled at best, this doesn’t belong here.  Graffitti removal in progress. 

µsansa

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 03-07-2009 09:33 AM

Message Edited by microsansa on 03-08-2009 09:08 AM

@big wrote:

anyone got any ideas 

spell check?:dizzy_face:

yeah. i was kinda having a bad day when i first wrote this, and my Fuze not working was the last straw.

I’m a big  music freak i wont leave the house in to morning without my mp3 player.

but i’m appologising  for the language

Much love 

BiG

All mp3 players have their difficulties. Is this due to trying to fit too many functions into a small player? I want a foolproof mp3 player that is very easy to use, and that does not give any surprises. Something that would be a good replacement for a portable mp3 CD player. This would ideally mean the use of a AA or AAA battery(so no worries about glitches in recharging a built in battery), use of folder navigation(no worries about glitches due to missing or improper tags), no pc connectivity(no worries about glitches due to the pc to player interface, or or connector or cable problems), and the use of an SDHC card or micro SDHC card. it would also have a basic alphanumeric LCD display that is on all the time while the player is playing, and both AM and FM radio. Why won’t any manufacturer make an mp3 player that has as much functionality as an mp3 CD player, but in a smaller size so it will fit into a shirt pocket? Glitzy features such as video, photo display, etc. just complicate the device.

Other forums I subscribe to allow editing of posts after initial posting- most obviously for mistakes and sometimes for quick updates.

How about this facility for the foul fingered - if it really was a spur of the moment thing? 

@alsmith wrote:

Other forums I subscribe to allow editing of posts after initial posting- most obviously for mistakes and sometimes for quick updates.

How about this facility for the foul fingered - if it really was a spur of the moment thing? 

This capability is already present.  Click on the “options” tab in the upper-right corner of your original post and you can click on the edit button to edit your post.

I will edit this so you can see how the edited post will look after completion…

This is my addition to the existing post…Notice at the bottom of the message…It notes that the original has been edited…

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 03-11-2009 08:20 AM

It’s not THAT offensive or foul, is it?

What about Jeepers Crow…or Jeezum…?

We really know that’s a thinly-veiled euphemism for an important historical bearded religious figure central to many religious belief systems…

(Boy, you guys wouldn’t like hanging out with me or my friends…)

'kay, nuf said…

I think they were referring to another thinly-veiled word in the OP that microsansa edited out. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:
I think they were referring to another thinly-veiled word in the OP that microsansa edited out. :wink:

Yes, Tapeworm.  Microsansa has edited the original post, thankfully…:smiley:

@alsmith wrote:

This capability is already present.  Click on the “options” tab in the upper-right corner of your original post and you can click on the edit button to edit your post.

I will edit this so you can see how the edited post will look after completion…

This is my addition to the existing post…Notice at the bottom of the message…It notes that the original has been edited…

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 03-11-2009 08:20 AM

_____________________________________________________________________________________

yep, it’s there, hadn;t looked on my own messages because I didn’t want to edit them.

Now since the op has edited the next 5 posts need the posters to edit their posts too…

@big wrote:

So… what was the cause/fix?

On the naughty words bit, I’m an admin on another forum. The software (phpbb) has a censor feature that lets you set up a dictionary of disallowed words/phrases and substitutes.  You can end up making a profane post sound like a rant from Ned Flanders, gosh didilly dang darn! 

donp-

If you want to have a wee bit of fun, you can type in some gobbledygook or slang phrases, then run the spell checker.  If you allow the checker to make all changes, the result can be quite amusing.

I see that the original edit was done by microsansa to drop the childish wtf from the main title.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: