Sansa Fuze is a great player and has no more problems than all the others.

I notice a lot of people come to the forum looking to see what people say about the Fuze before considering to buy one.  I hope they also go to all the other forums for the other brands, because if they do, they will find the exact same types of posts on the other forums. 

If you only look at this forum you would get the feeling that absolutly everyone has problems with the Fuze.

It is not true.  The Fuze is one of the better players on the market.  There are a lot of things to keep in mind when reading a forum, here are some of them:

Many of the people with problems are trying to use computers that are either too old, too weird, or are just to esoteric.  If you have a “normal” Windows based computer of recent vintage, (XP or Win7) not running Linux or some other OS, you will have few problems.

My brother works at Best Buy and he sees tons of electronics being returned by people who just can not operate them.  The people always say there is something wrong with the items, when it is just their inability to figure out how to work the gizmo.  (RTFM type of thing)

If you read the manual, FIRST, you will understand the limitations of any device and then not expect it to do something it can not.  I see people complaining about how the Fuze doesn’t do this or that.  Well, that is not a valid complaint if the Fuze was not designed to do what you want.

Get a real SanDisk micro SD card.  Don’t try to use any other brand.  I don’t know if this is something SanDisk did to sell more cards or not, that is their perogative, if you don’t like it, buy another brand.  All I know is that only a SanDisk card will work for me.

I have had my Fuze since they first came out and I have had no problems at all.  I don’t carry it in a backpack, I don’t put it in my back pocket and sit on it, breaking the screen, I treat it with respect and care.  I charge it when it gets about half empty.  I only put MP3 and WMA files on it.  All my videos work fine once run through the SanDisk converter.  If the SanDisk converter will not convert a video, I just don’t have it. 

Every thing on earth has limits and issues, the Fuze is no different, it was made by man.

I just want all of you who have not decided yet as to what player you want, reading this forun to remember that you only see the people who have issues, not the hundreds of thousands who don’t have problems who are happy with their Fuzes.

Just remember no matter what brand of player you end up buying, it will have issues.

Don’t be afraid to buy a Fuze.  It is priced right and does everything the manual says it will do, and it does them well.

Wulf

Amen, brother!

It’s the same on all the other brand forums as well. I’ve had a Creative Zen Xtra for a little over 5 years now with NO problems at all. It’s the 60gb model and is usually around 90% full. I’m always changing music and audio books on it. It’s used almost daily in my truck to and from work. It’s been on road trips from Kansas City to Los Angeles twice, to Orlando four times, and to Minneapolis a dozen times. My two daughters have had Fuzes for just over a year with zero problems.

For every person posting a problem, there’s a pile of others who have no problem.

I love my fuze :smiley:

Bravo! 

Racemi - I think your post showing the intelligence and good sense that we rarely see here, should be ‘stickied’ at the very top of the main Fuze board page.

Tapeworm wrote:

Bravo! 

Racemi - I think your post showing the intelligence and good sense that we rarely see here, should be ‘stickied’ at the very top of the main Fuze board page.

A big +1

Okay, let’s be Real, as Randy Jackson would say.  I’m not saying the Fuze is a bad player, but it isn’t necessarily “sliced bread”, like Joey Logano either.  It may be true that the Fuze and other players made by Sandisk have no more problems than another manufacturer; but really… is that a glowing endorsement?  Oh, the Fuze is great because it isn’t any crappier than any other player, isn’t very high praise, is it?

If your player has been problem free and has the features you desire, great.  But, like any product; if yours is having problems as a first introduction to Sansa players, I doubt very seriously if you would opt for the same product again.

Don’t get me wrong; I’m not trying to bad mouth the product…Let’s just keep it on this side of hyperbole.

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 02-26-2010 01:09 PM

And most of all, people usually only seek out a forum when they have a problem with a product.  Most often you don’t hear from the majority that don’t have issues.  My Fuze is flawless, bought the day it was released.

By the way, racemi, I am not using a SanDisk microSD card and it works perfectly.  (Transcend SDHC, Class 6, 4 GB)

Nice post.

I recently switched over from a Creative Zen EZ300 to the Fuze. You want to talk about problems, check the Creative forums. I’ll never buy another Creative player again.

I’ve had many different players from several companies and I can say that Sansa is my favorite. The flexibility of the Fuze (expandable, slot radio option, ease of use, compatibility with different programs, etc.) puts it head and shoulders above the rest.

==============

Sansa Fuze 4gb

Sansa Clip 2 gb x 4

you have to consider that most people that come on to the forums are either techies or people having problems.  so there are always lots of posts about problems.  the average person that is having no problems has no reason to visit or post.  so you can’t really judge how good a product is by the number of complaining posts.  plus lots of people never search for their problem before they post so there are always multiple posts about the same thing.    

Yes, the Fuze may have no more problems than others; but that is no glowing endorsement.  What I value most is ease of use, reliability and most of all, sound.  And for me, I got all three with both my Fuzes.  But the OP makes a good point, you’ll see mostly problems here on this board (that’s why they post).   That’s why I posted here originally.  But for those who love the Fuze, they may continue on this board to see updates and get more information about the Fuze, so that they can enjoy their Fuze.  And, if they become proficient, contribute to some of the solutions.  I found a lot of information on this board, and it seems to be a little more active than the ABI (anythingbutipod) board. 

My experience is, all products have problems.  My advice is, when you buy a product and it’s faulty, return it right away.  Dont’ try to fix it.  And if it’s not faulty, use it consistently and for long periods of time for the first couple of weeks.  That’s what we call a “burn-in” period.  You want to force it to fail early, so that you don’t have to deal with it later.   If it fails after the warranty period, then go to those with experience for help (this forum).  There seems to be a lot of folks here with a lot of experience with the Fuze.  But, don’t be so sure of any solution.  There could be a thousand possible causes for a single symptom.  Unless you’re probing the unit yourself or sitting at the computer, you don’t really know.  So, even with expert advice, you may not be able to get your Fuze fixed; but at least you know you’ve tried.

ggin1

Message Edited by ggin1 on 02-27-2010 12:05 PM

I disagree…I’d wish i’d bever have sold my E250 to get a Fuze…

I never had problems with my E250

My Fuze is a nightmare…sometimes it won’t charge…sometimes it won’t even be  recognized…and before you say “are you using a hub?” …“did you try a different USB port?”…ect  I’ve tried Diff OSs from XP x32 XP x64 Vista x32 Win7 x64…It’s always a gamble…

I never know if in the morn if my sansa will be charged…sometimes it doesnt charge at all…even tho when I first put it in in gives me the “bolt”

And sometimes it works perfectly…

I’ve tried diff firmware…older to the newest…doent matter

I just wish they would come out with one that has more internal memory. Mine worked flawlessly for the 11 months that I had it. But given that I have an 8GB Clip+, there’s no reason for me to get a Fuze too. If they put out a 16 or 32GB Fuze, then I might consider getting another Fuze.

Edit-**bleep** typos!

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 04-01-2010 09:37 AM

I added a 8g SD and with the internal mem im happy and I have more than a few flac files…it’s why I got the Fuze…I couldnt rockbox the e250 v2…just wish it would work…

It worked fine for about 7 months then slowly things stopped working…white screens…doesnt turn on…doesnt charge…ect

Never had that prob with  E250v2 series

Both were/aare v2

maybe v2 sansa sucks…idk

fafafooey wrote:

I added a 8g SD and with the internal mem im happy and I have more than a few flac files…it’s why I got the Fuze… I couldnt rockbox the e250 v2…just wish it would work…

It worked fine for about 7 months then slowly things stopped working…white screens…doesnt turn on…doesnt charge…ect

Never had that prob with  E250v2 series

Both were/aare v2

maybe v2 sansa sucks…idk

Rockbox is available for the v2 e200 series now if you still have it.

Why not call SanDisk Tech Support about your Fuze? If it’s still under warranty, you can probably get it replaced for free.

Yeah…Maybe I’ll take that advice…It works well enough…Just anoying…and…inside the screen…on the glass is a small blemish…like a streak or small smear…very small…

You can’t even really see it unless you look at the right angle and in the right light…but I assumed they’d say-it must have been wet or something(and it wasn’t.i’ve babied the thing)…and I’d just be wasting my time.

For now, it works well enough I suppose…but a phone call cannot hurt .

If you are still there…you might have an answer to this-I’ve noticed…am noticing right now…the battery level keeps moving higher and lower while Im using it.

I know…bad battery…but could it be something else?..and…unfortunately…you cannot change the battery like the old e200 series…I guess that makes “cents” for sansa to do that

fafafooey wrote:

If you are still there…you might have an answer to this-I’ve noticed…am noticing right now…the battery level keeps moving higher and lower while Im using it.

I know…bad battery…but could it be something else?..and…unfortunately…you cannot change the battery like the old e200 series…I guess that makes “cents” for sansa to do that

I’ve not noticed that phenomenon with _ any _ of my Sansa players. Nor do I recall anyone in the past couple of years ever bringing it up here on the forum.

You might have a couple ‘defect’ issues going on here. All the more reason to make that phone call. :wink:

Thanks for all the advice Mr. Worm.

I’m getting the number now…Going to call and see what they say…

Thanks again

Take care and G-d bless

@fafafooey wrote:
the battery level keeps moving higher and lower while Im using it.

How much fluctuation? I notice that my V1’s battery indicator sometimes turns from red to green a second or so after I do something (volume, skip track, whatever) when it’s that low. It may do this at other battery levels too, but without the color change, it’s less noticeable. I don’t know if this behavior is normal, but I haven’t noticed a change in battery life.

NO…that red-green was common also with my E200 series…This is/was(I opened it up and well…it’s a goner now) fluctuating while say 75% charged and it also  does it while charging…like a 10% fluctuation…so not too small…+/-10% is pretty noticable…I think the battery was just going…I’ve heard it’s a problem.

Can anyone verify for me…make me feel confortable…that the Sansa clip has a micro sd slot?

I’ve read it doesnt…and I’ve read it does…I don’t trust anything I’m reading now

Message Edited by fafafooey on 04-01-2010 12:34 PM