Sansa Fuze won't update

I’m trying to manually update the firmware on my 4gb Fuze. I dropped the .bin file in the root directory (in MSC mode), disconnected the player, got the screen telling me the update is in progress and the message that the update was installed successfully.  When I turn on the Fuze it still has the old startup screen. I checked the settings and it still displays Version 1.01.11A.  I did the same steps on a second Fuze that I have and it worked just fine.  Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Maybe . . . or maybe the Fuze is. Did you do everything exactly the same, with the same settings on both the the Fuzes?

If you’re sure you did everything right; fully extracted the .zip file before attempting to install it, connected in MSC mode, dropped the .bin file in the root directory (not in a folder by accident), and it still displays the old f/w version I’d try it once more. If it still doesn’t work, then call SanDisk Tech Support or return the unit for another one.

I’ve tried updating it several times with the same results. I get the message about it updating successfully and it turns off. I switch it back on and the old splash screen displays. I check the version and it’s the same as when I started. I think I’ll give tech support a call. Thanks.

@buzzard wrote:
I’ve tried updating it several times with the same results. I get the message about it updating successfully and it turns off. I switch it back on and the old splash screen displays. I check the version and it’s the same as when I started. I think I’ll give tech support a call. Thanks.

Well, you certainly gave it your all. Good plan . . . They get paid to solve probs like this. Let us know if they’ve got any magic tricks up their sleeves, or if you end up getting a new one. :wink: