SANSA FUZE - VOICE PLAYBACK

Is there a way to speed up voice recording playback?  If not, any recommendations?

Thanks

Randy

Convert the file to MP3 on the computer,  and save it in the Audiobooks folder.  Youcan speed up the playback of Audiobooks or Podcasts.

Sansafix, the fast setting for audiobooks or podcasts is only around 20% faster than normal, and has no pitch correction. Is it possible to have a new firmware that allows for setting the playback speed to between half and double normal speed, and has automatic pitch correction, like Windows Media Player has?

Message Edited by JK98 on 01-06-2009 06:44 PM

No,  its not

Why not? Is the processor not powerful enough, or is it too hard to program this for the Fuze? Is there some software that I can run on my pc that will transform an mp3 or wma file to one that plays 50% faster on a standard mp3 player and that has pitch correction?

@jk98 wrote:
Is there some software that I can run on my pc that will transform an mp3 or wma file to one that plays 50% faster on a standard mp3 player and that has pitch correction?

I use something along this line to squash audiobooks to low rate mono that is 22% faster than the original (notice 1.22):

#/bin/sh

outfile=a.ogg

rate=22050
tempo=“1.22 30”

for mp3 in *.mp3

do

sox “$mp3” -t raw -r “$rate” -s -c 1 -2 - tempo $tempo

done |
oggenc -r -R “$rate” -C 1 -q 0 - -o “$outfile”

"I use something along this line to squash audiobooks to low rate mono that is 22% faster than the original (notice 1.22): #/bin/sh outfile=a.ogg rate=22050 tempo=“1.22 30” for mp3 in *.mp3 do sox “$mp3” -t raw -r “$rate” -s -c 1 -2 - tempo $tempo done | oggenc -r -R “$rate” -C 1 -q 0 - -o “$outfile”

What kind of code is that? The Fuze has a 22% or so speed increase using the fast setting for podcasts or audiobooks, but there is no pitch correction. I want to play files at 1.5x and have pitch correction so the voice sounds normal, like on Windows Media Player.

No further comments? If I can’t get an mp3 player to play files 50% faster than normal and with pitch correction, which software will convert an mp3 or wma file to one that is 1/3 less run time(ie 50% faster than normal and with pitch correction) that will play on any mp3 player without a play speed setting?

@jk98 wrote:
No further comments? If I can’t get an mp3 player to play files 50% faster than normal and with pitch correction, which software will convert an mp3 or wma file to one that is 1/3 less run time(ie 50% faster than normal and with pitch correction) that will play on any mp3 player without a play speed setting?

Try Audacity Its Free. Adobe has a series of products that would but those cost money

@jk98 wrote:

"I use something along this line to squash audiobooks to low rate mono that is 22% faster than the original (notice 1.22): #/bin/sh outfile=a.ogg rate=22050 tempo=“1.22 30” for mp3 in *.mp3 do sox “$mp3” -t raw -r “$rate” -s -c 1 -2 - tempo $tempo done | oggenc -r -R “$rate” -C 1 -q 0 - -o “$outfile”

What kind of code is that? The Fuze has a 22% or so speed increase using the fast setting for podcasts or audiobooks, but there is no pitch correction. I want to play files at 1.5x and have pitch correction so the voice sounds normal, like on Windows Media Player.

The kind that does what you asked for :wink:

“tempo” effect of sox allows you to change the speed without affecting pitch.