Sansa Fuze shuts down right after turning on (video)

My machine will shut down as soon as I power it up.  Here is a video of this happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0i57tcHLno&feature=youtu.be

Any ideas how to fix this?

I can’t listen to anything right now.

I wonder if I should just reset everything.

Are you sure the battery is fully charged? 

Have you tried removing files you put on recently? 

Reset won’t do any good, but you could try reinstalling the firmware, using the manual method. 

Yeah, I thought maybe the battery was low but it is almost fully charged.

I haven’t put any new files on in over a week.  I can’t remove any files because when I connect it to my computer nothing happens.  It will turn itself on but then turn right back off.  It seems random when it comes on and off.

Let me know what other info I can give.

It may be dying. Rechargeable batteries eventually just don’t hold enough juice. Try forcing a computer connection so you can reinstall firmware. First, go to the firmware sticky note and download the firmware first, using the instructions for Manual installation. (The “All Regions” links.) If you don’t know which version your Fuze is, download both–it simply won’t run the wrong one. Unzip the downloaded software. The force the connection. Connect the cord to the computer, open Windows Explorer and hold down the << button, then plug the connector into the Fuze. If you can get that connection to hold, copy the firmware over to the driveletter that says Sansa Fuze:.

It may be dying. Rechargeable batteries eventually just don’t hold enough juice. Or it could have a loose connection inside.

Try forcing a computer connection so you can reinstall firmware. First, go to the firmware sticky note and download the firmware, using the instructions for Manual installation. (The “All Regions” links.) If you don’t know which version your Fuze is, download both–it simply won’t run the wrong one. Unzip the downloaded software onto your desktop or somewhere easy to find.

Then force the connection. Connect the cord to the computer, open Windows Explorer and hold down the << button, then plug the connector into the Fuze. If you can get that connection to hold, copy the firmware over to the driveletter that says Sansa Fuze: Disconnect and if you’re lucky the firmware will install.               

The electronic won’t even turn on now.  Yesterday it was powering itself on and off over and over and then I haven’t been able to get it back on.  I connect it to the computer and it doesn’t recognize it.  I left it plugged in for the entire night and still it didn’t do anything.

How old is the player? It doesn’t sound healthy.

I got it in 2010 and have used it occasionally, maybe once a week on average.

Whether you use it or not, time takes a toll on rechargeable batteries. You can try leaving it plugged into a USB port for a few days, to charge it slowly, but it may have just reached the end of its life. 

The battery was almost completely charged when this started, so I actually don’t think it’s a battery issue.

Has this player just recently been dropped? I don’t know if there’s anything else that you can do since firmare reload doesn’t help. Buy a new one?