Sansa Fuse Randomly Turning Off

I got my Sansa Fuze around Christmas time last year, and I have never had this problem before. About a week ago, I charged my Sansa Fuze 4 gig and took it off the charger. When I tried to turn it on, I got the normal “Refreshing Media” thing and suddenly it just turned off. Normally, when I turn it off, it says, “Goodbye”, but this time, the screen went black and it was off. So I kept trying to turn it on. Sometimes it wouldn’t even get past the Refreshing Media scroll bar before randomly shutting off. Sometimes, when I’m lucky, I will be able to listen to a few songs, and in the middle of one of my songs, it will shut off again, for no reason. I have tried resetting it by holding the bar for 15 seconds, but it hasn’t done anything. My dad says it’s because I have a bad battery, but what does he know?

I would really like some help because this is terribly annoying.

Message Edited by bigbadbear on 08-31-2009 08:29 PM

Please! I would really like an answer to this! Don’t just ignore it!

If you tried resetting the fuze mabe reload firmware/ possible bad file?.

Just a guess.

Lee

Message Edited by leemann on 09-01-2009 02:26 PM

I’m having the same problems except I’ve had my fuze since April of last year. Went to turn it on…nothing. Fiddled with the power switch and it finally came on but went off again at refresh media screen. Then, finally got it on long enough to play part of a media file but it goes off, then will come back on again on it’s own, then goes off. Battery is fully charged, firmware is up to date. Just wondered it you found a solution to your problem.

Does it mount to your PC at all?  If so copy anything you might need off it, reformat it using the PC and then see what happens…  If you have a memory add-in, remove it… Then try it empty and without any memory card. Also after reformatting try putting the older .26 firmware on it…

Mine flaked out once and that fixed it.

Message Edited by timn on 10-21-2009 11:38 AM

@timn wrote:

Does it mount to your PC at all?  If so copy anything you might need off it, reformat it using the PC and then see what happens…  If you have a memory add-in, remove it… Then try it empty and without any memory card. Also after reformatting try putting the older .26 firmware on it…

Mine flaked out once and that fixed it.

Message Edited by timn on 10-21-2009 11:38 AM

Mine too