sansa fuze keeps shutting down

Right when it starts up before it gets to music it will say" database error please format device" without letting me do anything then shuts off automatically…any tips?

You probably have a bad file that is making the Fuze crazy. If you have a microSD card in there, take it out and try again. Maybe you are lucky and the file is on the microSD card. Use something else to read the card and take some of your most recently added files off the microSD and try again.

Still getting the message without the microSD? You’lll have to format the Fuze internal memory from your computer. Try connecting it. Right-click on Sansa Fuze: drive, Format…to FAT32. 

Won’t connect?  Turn the unit off. Push the power switch down into hold position. Connect the USB end of the cord to your computer. Open Windows Explorer (Computer or My Computer). Hold down the << side of the wheel and connect the cord to the Fuze.

Make sure you have copies of all your music, right-click, Format… to FAT32… That wipes off anything you have added, including bad files, and you can start again.

the file system is set to FAT32 already and i havent been able to find an option in the properties to change or modify it

Yes, it’s FAT32 already. Formatting it cleans it off–good files, bad files, everything.And it sounds like there’s some junk file in there that is stopping the database refresh.

I said FAT32 because when you use the Windows format command you get other options.

HAVE A FUZE THAT WORKED FINE TIL I CHARGED IT AND NOW IT JUST GLOWS BLUE!!!  any suggestions

@justbreath wrote:

HAVE A FUZE THAT WORKED FINE TIL I CHARGED IT AND NOW IT JUST GLOWS BLUE!!!  any suggestions

Yes . . . several:

1. Read the manual.
  2. Spend a few minutes looking around. You’re likley to find the answer you’re looking for. If not . . .
  3. Use the Search function here on the forum.
  4. Reset the player.
  5. Turn your CAPS lock off.
  6. Start your own thread.

In that order.