Sansa Fuze has blue ring with black screen

See also the abi forums for reviews of Sansa vs other players FreemattandGrace.Com

I really liked the fuze but I was leary about getting another one because if shut off one me.  I guess if I get something from Walmart I could get a warranty.  I will keep researching.  You are right to assume that I am a non tech.  I am a working/wife & mother of 5 boys.  I don’t get much me time which is probably why I did not spend that much time with my fuze when I first got it.  Being on the board was kind of cool.  I really wanted to get it to work so I signed up for this sight.  I didn’t have anything to loose.  It is nice to know there are people like you who don’t mind helping people especially those of us who are technically illiterate.  

There is a guy at my job who wants to trade me a 4gb iphone (that he got when they first came out) for my garmin gps that I have never used.  He got the new iphone.  He said that I could use that for an mp3 player and that I can take my sim card out of my At&t phone and put it in the iphone.  My son said I would have to get the $30/mo subscription service to make it work.  I do not need internet on a phone.  Call me old fashioned but I have a computer for that.  If I do need the service to make it work then I do not want it.  What do you think?  

Thanks, I will look that up.

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:51 PM

I did not have to decline the iphone because my co-worker’s sister sold it for him.  I checked with Walmart and found a few good deals.  I also found a refurbished/recertified sansa e270 6gb on ecost.com for $32.99.  I can get a 2 year warranty for $11.99 for a grand total of $44.98.  I am seriously considering this.  The player has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is also replaceable.  It got good reviews from cnet and other places/users.  What do you think about that?  The cheapest fuze on ecost was a 2gb for 55.99 and a 9.99 warranty.  That is a little more that I want to spend.  I will look around a bit more just to be sure.

Message Edited by jbyrd on 01-05-2010 06:54 PM

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:50 PM

I will check it out.  I guess I just have a hard time buying another one (no matter how good of a deal I can get) because I had a brand new one and it quit on me only after 3/4 uses.  I will let you know what I end up with.

Thanks for the advice.