Sansa Fuze Freezes While Playing Music

I got a 16gb Sansa Fuze+ Mp3 player, and a 32gb SanDisk Micro sdCard for Christmas. I put all my music on the Fuze+ and the card (About 29Gigs - 5600 Songs), but as soon as it gets to playing them it gets through maybe 4 songs, stops, starts skipping, then crashes and turns off. When I turn it back on, the Fuze+ resets and has to load everything up again, but crashes again once it starts playing.

I want to make a last ditch effort to fix this problem before I send it back to get one of the older fuzes that DON’T HAVE ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS.

I would highly appreciate anybody’s help. Thanks.

• What is the format of the songs (.mp3, .wma, .flac, .ogg, etc.)?
  • Are the ID3 tags clean of garbage and foreign characters and in the format that Sansa players require (ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1)?
  • Does it seem to choke on the same tracks repeatedly or is it random?
  • Are the songs that it has trouble with in the internal memory or on the card?
  • What speed class is the card? There have been problems reported with Class 10 cards.

I’ve had songs that will work just fine one day, and crash the next. Seriously, this firmware is the moodiest software I’ve ever used. That’s why I use Rockbox. The only thing the original firmware does better is video playback, as it supports better formats. everything else, Rockbox does just as well, if not better.

1.It’s gonna be either .mp3 or .wma

2.I don’t know, I was going to run something called Mp3Tag, but never got around to it

3.It’s mostly random

4.Both

5.I’m not sure, but I’m guessing class 2

@tapeworm wrote:

• Are the ID3 tags clean of garbage and foreign characters and in the format that Sansa players require (ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1)?
  • What speed class is the card? There have been problems reported with Class 10 cards.

@theaustinator wrote:

2.I don’t know, I was going to run something called Mp3Tag, but never got around to it

3.It’s _ mostly _ random

4.Both

1. What does this mean? Are the files not loaded onto the player (or card) yet?
  2. You probably should. It could correct your problems.
  3. This tells me you don’t know or haven’t taken the time to research the problem or even take note of what type songs are causing the issue. If you don’t care, why should we?
  4. Good. A definitive answer. But 1 out of 5 is not a good average.
  5. Guessing does nothing to help diagnose a problem and/or suggest a remedy. Unless it’s a really old Class 2 card (which 32GB ones are not), the speed will be printed on the card inside a little circle.

If you can’t be bothered to be more specific in your answers, or even pull out the memory card to look at it, why should we expend any time or energy in trying to help you? :confounded:

Personally, I’m done. I’ve got better things to do. Good luck.

@tapeworm wrote:

@theaustinator wrote:

3.It’s _ mostly _ random

4.Both

1. What does this mean? Are the files not loaded onto the player (or card) yet?
  2. You probably should. It could correct your problems.
  3. This tells me you don’t know or haven’t taken the time to research the problem or even take note of what type songs are causing the issue. If you don’t care, why should we?
  4. Good. A definitive answer. But 1 out of 5 is not a good average.
  5. Guessing does nothing to help diagnose a problem and/or suggest a remedy. Unless it’s a really old Class 2 card (which 32GB ones are not), the speed will be printed on the card inside a little circle.

Maybe when you get around to doing all that you can to solve your problem and give some straight answers someone here will get around to helping you.

1. .mp3 and .wma

2. Yes

3. Random

4. Both

5. 4