Sansa Fuze 8 GB Folder Names Incorrect (Adding Numbers & Letters In Front Of Folder Name)

Hello everyone, I have had this problem with my folder names on my Fuze having random letters and numbers at the begining of my folders.

Example : 0B030000_Folder Name

How would I go about to remedy this? Also to note, this is only visable on the Fuze itself. If I connect it to the computer the folders are fine like I originaly intended them to be.

If someone can help me out here that would be great, thank you! :slight_smile:

You’re sending the folders over in MTP mode via Windows Media Player, which adds the extra junk to help itself index and refresh the database faster.

If it bothers you, you can go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode, change to MSC, and drag the folders over yourself, keeping WMP out of the picture. 

Note: Your computer will only see MSC or MTP mode–not both. So when you connect in MSC, it will look like your music has disappeared. And when you connect in MTP, you won’t see the folders you sent via MSC. The Fuze doesn’t care how they got there, but the computer does. You might want to take the MTP folders off and send everything over again via MSC. 

I have it in Auto-Detect Mode. So if I change it to MSC Mode I wont have anymore of this problem? But I also have to take it all off and put it back on?

Yes. Auto-Detect defaults to MTP if it sees Windows Media Player 10 or 11 on your computer. If not, MSC.

Assuming you have copies of everything, you can Format the Fuze from a command in the Settings/System Settings menu–erasing all content you have added–and reload via MSC. That’s what I’d do. 

you can also drag and drop in MTP mode, the ONLY time i see this being a problem is SOMETIMES not all times but sometimes it happens with the sdcard, fix for that is to just use the card reader/usb adipter to load up the sd card rather then the fuze, you can rename the files/folders that get renamed tho with the fuze and fix it most times, I just find it faster to use my usb adipter to load up my 8gb cards(its a bit faster that way rather then using the fuze in either mtp or msc modes)