Sansa Fuze 2 GB Keeps shutting down"Not enough room for music db" Then it shuts down ?

Says “Not enough room for Music DB”…then it shuts down not allowing me to delete?

Connect the player to the pc and delete some songs from the player using the pc. Make sure to always leave a reasonable amount of free space on the player(perhaps 70 meg?) so the player can build the database. If I had written the firmware, I would have probably reserved a certain amount of memory for the database, so when people stuffed as many songs as they could into the player they wouldn’t run into this problem.

Message Edited by JK98 on 11-13-2008 12:55 PM

The Fuze should give you a message indicating that it needs to have 90MB free. As mentioned, connect it to your computer and delete music/videos until you have 90MB free.

Also could be a bad file. Connect in MSC mode, run ChkDsk as shown here

This error message actually has nothing to do with how much free space you have on your player. You can fill it to the brim. There is a ‘reserved’ section of RAM for database refresh,etc.

Some players will say to free 6 MB, some will say 90 MB. It’s all varistions of the same error. This msg. indicates that there is usually a corrupted file. Run Chkdsk as suggested with the /f switch (fix) or you might have to format the player. As this msg. occurs at start-up, you cannot use the on-board Format function, so you’ll have to connect in MSC mode to your computer, open Windows Explorer, right-click on your device’s icon and select Format… from the context menu. Format as FAT32 and do not select the Quick Format option.

How can he connect in MSC if the player is set to connect in MTP, and he is unable to change the setting on the player?

Unfortunately when I connect to the P.C. It only shows up as a portable drive (in this case “G” drive and when I click on it it shows no files in any of the folders.  So their is no where I can delete…It also continues to shut down after giving me the "no DB please delete 90MBmessage than it shuts down again…Ive trie to do he chk disk feature requesting the files to be chkd…but it say’s nothing is wrong.  Any other suggestions?

Still trying to restore…or get into the files to delete before it shuts itself down…When connected it says it recognizes the Sansa Fuze but when I click on the drive it says their are no files in them…but when I check it says 90% of my disk is full?  I tried the chk dsk feateure and requested files be chkd but it says everything is Ok??? Any suggestions?

Still trying to restore…or get into the files to delete before it shuts itself down…When connected it says it recognizes the Sansa Fuze but when I click on the drive it says their are no files in them…but when I check it says 90% of my disk is full?  I tried the chk dsk feateure and requested files be chkd but it says everything is Ok??? Any suggestions?

What is MSC mode?  If the player keeps shutting down how do I get to this MSC mode…When it is plugged into my Pc ------Still trying to restore…or get into the files to delete before it shuts itself down…When connected it says it recognizes the Sansa Fuze but when I click on the drive it says their are no files in them…but when I check it says 90% of my disk is full?  I tried the chk dsk feateure and requested files be chkd but it says everything is Ok??? Any suggestions?

If you start with your player off, slide the HOLD switch down to the locked position, then press & hold the center button down while at the same time plugging the cable into your Fuze, it will start up & connect in MSC mode even if it is set on the player to MTP. Connected in this way, you can access the Format… option as I previously suggested.

Don’t forget to return the slider back unlocking the device when you are done.