Sansa Fuse locked up

I have a Sansa Fuse that gives the following message when powering up:

“Please unlock the hold switch to power on”

Then it shuts itself down.

How do I unlock the hold switch?

Message Edited by Muley99 on 06-01-2009 03:44 PM

The power switch IS the hold switch. In the down position, the controls are locked. If you’re still getting this message when you slide the switch up to power on the player, you have another problem.

I have another problem. 

Message Edited by Muley99 on 06-01-2009 05:37 PM

@muley99 wrote:
I have another problem. 
Message Edited by Muley99 on 06-01-2009 05:37 PM

Slide the switch up and hold it for 15-20 seconds. 

If that didnt fix it, Return it because its probably deffective. I would guess some internal part if the switch it broken. 

Tried the holding for 15 or 20 seconds.  It didn’t fix it.

Also, I’ve had this Fuze for almost a year and this just happened yesterday for the first time.

I have no idea what changed.  It just locked and won’t unlock.  I imagine the warrenty is expired.

So, I’m probably screwed, and will have to buy another player.  

The warranty is 1 year. If you’re correct about how long you’ve had it, you’re covered. Call Sandisk at 1-866-SANDISK and they should help you.

One other thing to try… and it may be in vain… force it into MSC mode (slide the switch into the hold position (Orange dot showing) then pres the << button while you plug it into the computer) and do a manual install of the firmware, once you unplug see if it helped, if not reconnect and use windows to format and see if that helps… if not then call sandisk.