Sansa fuse 4 gb not working at all

my player is only about a week old i have had no problems with any setup or installation today i went to turn it on and absolutely nothing happened no lights no screen nothing hooked it up to the computer thinking the batttery was dead left it for almost 6 hours and still nothing plugged the usb in back port still nothing held the power for 30 seconds and still nothing it is not doing anything wont connect to my computer or anything not to bright with this stuff would appreciate any help

When you plug in does the player say connected or have some reaction? If not then try to get an AC adapter. See how that works. If this combined with your PC cant raise your player call Sandisk.

not doing anything on computer or player end

I had the same problem and I gave my Fuze back. For me it seems that the Fuze hardware as well as the Fuze firmware are both not very matured yet.

The Fuze is a very nice device, but if you look at this forum, it seems that too many people having too many troubles with it.:cry:

No problems here :smiley:

@frank_frl wrote:

I had the same problem and I gave my Fuze back. For me it seems that the Fuze hardware as well as the Fuze firmware are both not very matured yet.

The Fuze is a very nice device, but if you look at this forum, it seems that too many people having too many troubles with it.:cry:

Very Few people have actual problems. Most cases are just user in experiance or confusion, The hard ware is fine in most cases, and the Firmware is a living thing that is changing based on experiance and user requests. I believe that the OP has a lemon. It happens with anything ever made. Sometimes there are duds. You just have to return them and start over.

The wife and I had been using our Fuze’s from about July of 2008. She has the 4 GB model and I have the 8GB model.  We just love them… No issues at all. Never even had to use the reset… In fact I liked mine so well I took another 8GB unit off my sister just to have another unit… Traded her something she would use of about the same value…  I felt bad as I kind a talked her into it because I liked mine so well… But she’s just not into music and really never had been…  I have been into audio as a audiophile  for some 35 years or so… High end  gear and several  pair  of vintage speakers…  I’m posting this just to give you a idea of what I expect from my audio and the Fuze does deliver!! Maybe you just got a lemon!  It happens! George