Sansa Express not working!!!!!

got my sansa express last november was working fine until recently

i woke up and when i turned it on it stayed black just the blue light on the square

the thing is when plugged into my laptop it the same thing but it recognizes it

what should i do? 

p.s i didnt do anything to it not firmware or use a sd card 

@ccarrillo08 wrote:

got my sansa express last november was working fine until recently

i woke up and when i turned it on it stayed black just the blue light on the square

the thing is when plugged into my laptop it the same thing but it recognizes it

what should i do? 

p.s i didnt do anything to it not firmware or use a sd card 

Hopefully you already have your player working again.

If not, and for others with similar problems, your first attempt should be a soft reset of the player. Press the center select button and the “+” volume button at the same time. Then try to turn your player on again.

If that doesn’t work, try inserting a micro SD card into the slot.

HEY sANSa PROFESSOR brother u saved mah day… after a whole party day i came bak to hotel n inserted sansa to ma laptop and suddenly laptop went off due to low battery … :frowning: and wen i put lappi on ac mode n restarted the device wasnt starting but ur this soft reset technique really saved my kin bcoz me, my frnz all liked this device a lot bcoz of its cool luks and stylish screen. i was almost shockdown but ur skill saved … thanks for putting ur precious time here.

Hey,

I have tried the 2 steps you have advised us to do. It is still not working. On top of the issue the other person had, everytime i try connecting the USB port into my PC it keeps Connecting and D/C shortly after. Before this, my player was working, sometimes not properly. Then it would give me the black screen with the Navigation keys lit blue. And finally i am having this issue. Any suggestions Professor?

Thanks

@uzimtl wrote:

Hey,

I have tried the 2 steps you have advised us to do. It is still not working. On top of the issue the other person had, everytime i try connecting the USB port into my PC it keeps Connecting and D/C shortly after. Before this, my player was working, sometimes not properly. Then it would give me the black screen with the Navigation keys lit blue. And finally i am having this issue. Any suggestions Professor?

Thanks

The next step is to try to flash the firmware. Follow the instructions in the attached thread. The details and the needed files are in the first thread by user Jake. 

This process will format your player. You will lose any music that you have on it. You may want to contact Sandisk Technical Support before you try this method, if you are not ready to go to this step.

Also, you may have trouble connecting to your computer. It may take repeated tries and you may have to check various USB ports on your computer before it will connect as instructed in the thread. I cannot get my Express to connect this way on my desktop Windows XP, but I have no problems connecting to a Vista laptop. Usually, it is the other way around.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=1143

My Sansa Express isn’t working either. When I turn it on, the “Sandisk” screen light up and then goes to black. I then have to wait a few minutes if I want to try and turn it back on again. 

When I plug it into the computer, the screen display is the MP3 player with all these pixels coming out.

Under “My Computer”, I see the two drives, but when I try to click on the one that usually holds the music, it just says that the drive needs to be formatted. It won’t format and it won’t let me into it either.

I have tried the solutions listed for my MP3 player, but they are not working.

This is my second SE- I received it as a RMA back in July- I guess I will be calling customer support AGAIN.

Any help would be great.

Thank you,

Courtney

@biblicalmaiden wrote:

My Sansa Express isn’t working either. When I turn it on, the “Sandisk” screen light up and then goes to black. I then have to wait a few minutes if I want to try and turn it back on again. 

When I plug it into the computer, the screen display is the MP3 player with all these pixels coming out.

Under “My Computer”, I see the two drives, but when I try to click on the one that usually holds the music, it just says that the drive needs to be formatted. It won’t format and it won’t let me into it either.

I have tried the solutions listed for my MP3 player, but they are not working.

This is my second SE- I received it as a RMA back in July- I guess I will be calling customer support AGAIN.

Any help would be great.

Thank you,

Courtney

Which of the solutions have you tried and what were the results? Did you find any differences after trying these suggestions?