Sansa Express not powering up

I have tried a hard reset on my new Express.  It was working fine for about a week but after I charged it today, it won’t power up again.  I have tried several times to do the hard reset, I have left it plugged into the computer for hours.  But it shows no signs of life.  What else can I do?

The reset procedure for the Express is different from just about every other Sansa player. Are you sure you’re doing it correctly?

User’s Manual (page 12)

The Express model is really, really old (5-6 years). And yours is “new”? :confounded:

The lithium polymer batteries used in these devices degrade over time, whether they are used or not. Obviously if used, they will degrade much faster, but the point is if you did buy one that is “new”, but old left-over stock someplace, the battery may no longer be any good, just from sitting around for 6 years on a shelf somewhere and not havng a full charge.

If you bought it as “new”, maybe you can return it to whomever you bought it from, and get something a bit more current (and better) and still supported by SanDisk.

Try once by a new battery…may be it works…!!!

@radioali101 wrote:

_ If _ you can get the case open without breaking anything, and _ if _ you can find a replacement battery of the right size and voltage, and _ if _ you have a very small-tipped soldering iron, and _ if _ you know how to use it, and if you can get the case back together without breaking anything then I suppose this might be an option worth considering. :confounded:

@radioali101 wrote:

_ If _ you can get the case open without breaking anything, and _ if _ you can find a replacement battery of the right size and voltage, and _ if _ you have a very small-tipped soldering iron, and _ if _ you know how to use it, and if you can get the case back together without breaking anything then I suppose this might be an option worth considering.

To the OP though, this little trick of inserting a MicroSD card in seems to have helped many people, You might want to try it. :smiley: