Sansa e270 Stuck on White Screen

My Sansa e270v1 is stuck on a white screen. Whenever I cut it on, there’s this white screen, and I have to hold down the power button until it cuts off.

I’ve read through the first few pages of this part of the forums, and I’ve tried the following methods to no avail:

1. Unscrewing the cover and removing the battery for 5 minutes, and then putting it back in.

2. Going into recovery mode and putting in new firmware files (renaming them to “pribootLoader.rom” and “firmware.mi4”), unplugging the player and restarting it.

3. Putting in a new folder named “sansa.fmt”.

I have absolutely no clue how to fix this thing. Can somebody please help me?

These two filenames are unique to only one situation: did your player have the “Hebrew Beta” firmware on it prior to quitting?  The Beta firmware has the animated “Lil’ Monsta” as the startup screen.

This little guy:

In recovery mode, the most important thing to remember is to never use the Windows “format” command while in this mode!!  Right-click, and select new folder , then rename this folder sansa.fmt

When you disconnect, the e270 will see this file as a command to format itself automatically.  The original file names for the mi4 and rom files should be used if you didn’t have the lil monsta.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

if i did the windows format thing? what shell i do?

@ors wrote:

if i did the windows format thing? what shell i do?

Throw it away. You premanently “bricked” it.

Unless you are good with Linux. Then you can Google “Sansa e200 tool” and try your luck.

dude just upgrade ur firmware… the tutorial is available in utube…

@sauravrnair wrote:

dude just upgrade ur firmware… the tutorial is available in utube…

Which “dude” are you referring to?