Sansa e250 white screen

Please help. When i turn on my sansa, all I get is a white screen. I tried putting it in recovery mode, but I get a white screen on that too. The blue light on the thumb wheel turns on. Is there any way to fix it without this http://fixmysansa.blogspot.com/ ? And what should manufacturing mode look like?

Message Edited by Bulit on 04-21-2010 07:52 PM

Message Edited by Bulit on 04-21-2010 07:52 PM

I assume you’ve already tried the reset procedure?

Yes, but it just resets into a white screen.  :cry:

You could try removing the battery for a few minutes, letting the residual memory dissipate without the power source connected.

nevermind, I fixed it with the ubuntu trick. thanks anyways. :wink:

EDIT: I found another problem though. It freezes on refreshing database even after I reset it. Anyway to fix that

Message Edited by Bulit on 04-22-2010 02:47 PM

Well, we usually like to build up to that one, saving it as a last resort, but glad it worked for you. Freezing during database refreash is generally caused by 1.) Bad (or wrong format) ID3 tags, or 2.) Corrupted files.

WHAT’S THE UBUNTU TRICK i have the same thing and it’s a e250R the screen is just whit PLEASE WHAT’S THE TRICK:dizzy_face:

Ubuntu Trick

@drives31 wrote:

WHAT’S THE UBUNTU TRICK i have the same thing and it’s a e250R the screen is just whit PLEASE WHAT’S THE TRICK:dizzy_face:

Be SURE to use the correct firmware version for your player.  The Rhapsody Sansa has a different pp5022.mi4 firmware file.

Bob  :wink: