e260v2 White Screen

I have a Sansa e260v2 player with the latest firmware, and I am getting white screen. The player seems working properly and is recognized by PC, but all I get when I turn it on all I get is a white screen.

I tried to bring it on manufacture mode but nothing happened.

I also tried the e200tool, but ubuntu Linux is recognizing my player into a different ID “Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0781:7422 SanDisk”, and e200tool is searching into an other ID to find my player.

Any idea what to do?

Thank you!

Message Edited by stoimd on 07-29-2010 09:31 AM

Reset it.

The v2 models do not have a Recovery or Manufacturing mode so that’s why that doesn’t work for you. The e200tool also will only work on a v1, not a v2.

Try reloading the firmware  

Reset didn’t work.

Thank you though.

That means that my player is broken for good?

stoimd wrote:

Reset didn’t work.

Thank you though.

That means that my player is broken for good?

How long did you try it? I would hold the power button down for a good 40 seconds before I gave up on this form of reset.

If it’s still DOA, then a stronger reset may be possible with the e200 series. Remove the 4 screws on the back with a precision screwdriver. Don’t lose them as you won’t be able to find an exact replacement. Take the back plate off and remove the battery. It just sits in there like a cell phone battery. Leave it out for 15 -30 minutes to allow any residual memory in the unit to dissipate. Re-seat the battery and see if it will start up normally now.

Unfortunatly reset and firmware reloading did not work.

Both solutions seems working properly but i am still  getting a white screen when i turn on my player.

Thank you very much guys for your ideas so far.

I also took off the battery and left like that for 2 hours. But nothing happened.

I am still getting a white screen.