Sansa Connect Questions: Video, Pictures

I would like to know the answers to these questions as it has been really hard to figure out over the net and experamenting.

What is the format that the Sansa Connect can play and the perameters for that format (mpeg4)?

Is there a program that can convert the right format and settings for the Connect to play that video?
(Sansa Media Converter does not convert the whole video for me and in most cases fails, Its not a codec issue)

Is there a way to make albums for pictures for the connect and display those albums other than just veiwing all pictures, regaurdless what folder they are in?

Thank you
J.G.

GyverX, I don’t know the video specs which play the best on the Sansa Connect, however, I’m sure you can find out by converting a video using the Sansa Media Converter, and then using another video player to find the specs of the converted video.  That is of course, if you can successful convert at least one video.  I’ve never had a problem converting my videos.  They are generally about 30mins to an hour long…  What’s the duration and size of the videos that fail when you attempt to convert?  How about the format of the video (.mp4, .avi, .mov, etc)?

As for the photo album question.  I don’t see any way to create separate albums which you can store you’re photos in.  The only work around I see is that you can store photos on a microSD card, and on the internal memory of the device.  This will at least give you two directories which you can choose to view photos from.   

-ML 

I’ll see what I can do, Im not sure I can copy or even move a video over from the Connect to my drive through Windows Explorer. I can surf and add to it from there.

I have to head off to work right now but will try it when I get back tonight. The converter keeps taking a 44 minute video and says in the Sansa that its 3 minutes. Not sure what is wrong but its pretty frustration as I work in the retail buisness and I actully sell Sansas. So for I have not been able to recomend one and when I tell them the problems I hae been having with the videos they usually go with the zune. :frowning:

Here is something I noticed.

Start to convert and transfer a video to the Sansa Connect using the Sansa Media Converter.

Then unplug the Connect while the video is being converted.

The converter will still run and the video will be saved in the SMC folder.

Then drag and drop into the Connect. You may need to reboot the Connect to start another SMC session.

May seem like a silly question but what version of sansa media converter are you using?  I had the one that came with the Connect when I bought it but it converted to .mov extension files.  I had to go to support downloads and pick the Sansa View to find the lastest sansa media converter (wasn’t a download option for the Connect for reason)  I believe it installed under the name Sansa Media Converter 2. 

Also maybe the source file wasn’t a supported format?

Good Luck!

i have a question when i play a video the frezes after 2 seconds of play time what should i do

nmv the question i got it to work i just restarted it

Runemin wrote:
May seem like a silly question but what version of sansa media converter are you using?  I had the one that came with the Connect when I bought it but it converted to .mov extension files.  I had to go to support downloads and pick the Sansa View to find the lastest sansa media converter (wasn’t a download option for the Connect for reason)  I believe it installed under the name Sansa Media Converter 2. 

Also maybe the source file wasn’t a supported format?

Good Luck!

The current version is Intervideo, Inc. 1.0B004.220CDG

aka 4.220

My version is 4.22 I had to download it becuase the connect does not come with the converter. It convert to a MP4 format and the file will play but will stop about a minute or two. The video being converted is only 44 minutes long.

I will try the disconnect thing see if that works :slight_smile: (Crossing fingers

Hot dog it worked :slight_smile: Now the only questin I have left is if you know of a good program to chop up a video to make the movie or video in to segments?

Thanks again, you saved me a trip to walmart