Firmware is the software code that powers your Clip Zip. You can think of it as the operating system. SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware. For an optimal experience with your Clip Zip, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release. It’s fast, easy, and free!
SanDisk has released firmware version 01.01.21 for the Sansa Clip Zip. Download links and the release notes are available below.
Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.
Mac and Linux users can connect their Clip Zip in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below.
MSC mode instructions:
- Turn on the Clip Zip
- Navigate to Settings on the menu of the device
- Scroll down to System Settings
- Scroll Down to USB Mode
- Select MSC
Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.21 Download and Installation instructions
Manual Firmware Update (Download and Instructions)
Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
• Remove any external card from the Clip Zip before performing firmware update
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Plug in your Sansa Clip Zip to your computer.
• Extract the clpza.bin file from the .zip file you just downloaded into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Clip Zip
Note: If connecting in MTP mode drag and drop the Firmware file to the root of the Internal
• Disconnect the Sansa Clip Zip and let the firmware update begin.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Clip Zip on, Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” >“System Settings”> “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.01.21"x".
Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.21 Release Notes
This new firmware has various enhancements and bug fixes, including key fixes listed below. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again for 1 second to restart.
No new enhancements
Device hangs up after finished playing special mp3 files, which contain CRC error at the end of frames
Recently Added doesn’t update Rhapsody transferred tracks
Artist Info page doesn’t display for Rhapsody transferred tracks
UI issues in Hebrew mode
New recording file sequence does not work correctly when previous recording got deleted
Text scrolling direction in Hebrew and Arabic is not correct
FM reception strength is not so good