Firmware is the software code that powers your Clip Zip. You can think of it as the operating system. SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware. For an optimal experience with your Clip Zip, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release. It’s fast, easy, and free!
SanDisk has just released firmware version 01.01.15 for the Sansa Clip Zip. Download links and the release notes are available below.
Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.
Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below.
MSC mode instructions:
- Turn on the Clip Zip
- Navigate to Settings on the menu of the device
- Scroll down to System Settings
- Scroll Down to USB Mode
- Select MSC
Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15 Download and Installation instructions
Update using the Sansa Firmware Updater
For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download
Manual Firmware Update (Download and Instructions)
Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
• Remove any external card from the Clip Zip before performing firmware update
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Plug in your Sansa Clip Zip to your computer.
• Extract the clpza.bin file from the .zip file you just downloaded into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Clip Zip.
• Disconnect the Sansa Clip Zip and let the firmware update begin.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Clip Zip on, Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” >“System Settings”> “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.01.15"x".
Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15 Release Notes
This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below, as well as enhancements. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again to restart.
- System Settings is moved to the top for easy access
- Volume button function is enabled when device is in Locked state
- Play Previous is added to Music menu for music playback resume
- Play/Pause icon visibility is improved during FM recording playback
- Static noise is heard between some song changes
- Notification messages cause device to freeze while plugged in AC adaptor
- Non-music files show up on device when transferring M4A songs using Mac
- Add to Go List message shows up when press and holding on Shuffle List
- Device hangs if backlight is timed out during Date and Time adjustment
- Pressing Back button does not return to previous list when playing an album after first song is played (Work around: User can go to Music menu and follow the highlighted choices to go back to previous list)
- AAC files encoded with Microsoft mp4-2 variable bit rate cannot be played (Work around: User can use different encoder or encode songs to different supporting formats)