Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.20

@aj123 wrote:

please please please can we have an option so we can see the full; name of the songs with the A’s and The’s

I like it the way it is, actually…it is the only area that the Sansa firmware does something better than Rockbox, as far as I am concerned.:stuck_out_tongue:

Hence the poster’s request that this be an option–that way, everyone is happy. :slight_smile:

I actually just registered for the site to, like many others, ALSO ask that SanDisk please add the ability to display track info while it is playing- total time, remaining time, etc.  I have no interest in album art, so much of the screen is wasted on the Clip Zip.

I want to add that, otherwise:

* I have been extremely happy, overall, with the ClipZip

* I am very happy you support regular USB Mass Storage mode and hope you continue to do so on future products.

* I am very happy you support simple, cross-platoform firmware update methods, such and just downloading a firmware image and dropping it on the root of the device.

* I love that I don’t need any special “software” to manage the ClipZip or add/remove songs.

* It is great to see that you are continuing to update the firmware.

I have upgraded to v17 and now v20 and still cannot get the Music EQ to show in the ‘Music Options’ sub-menu.

Anyone else had this problem. Any solutions?

I haven’t had that issue.  You might try reapplying the latest firmware again, in case it was a glitch.  Candidly, though, I really wouldn’t miss the EQ (although I can understand wanting to have a featue present), as I find it pretty poor and harsh in most circumstances.  

@miikerman wrote:

I haven’t had that issue.  You might try reapplying the latest firmware again, in case it was a glitch.  Candidly, though, I really wouldn’t miss the EQ (although I can understand wanting to have a featue present), as I find it pretty poor and harsh in most circumstances.  

The EQ is still available. It’s there somewhere in the settings (I don’t remember exactly where, been too long since I used the OF) , just not in the submenu they want it to be in. 

The Zip’s EQ isn’t the greatest, but it’s better than nothing…before I installed Rockbox, I was able to live with the stock EQ all right.

The EQ is in a different location on the Clip Zip. If you had one of the earlier Clips, the Clip+, or an e200, the EQ is available via the bottom Submenu key.

On the Clip Zip, with the current firmware, it is available via the submenu, give the bottom button a few taps to scroll down to Music EQ.   It is still available under Settings > System Settings > Equalizer.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks,  but when I go into ‘Music Options’ I only get two choices ‘repeat’ and ‘shuffle’, and no matter how much I press the bottom button it just continually alternates between these two options. I can still get to the EQ through the settings -but it’s usually  a longer process.

No Music Option. Settings > System Settings > Equalizer.

Or by Play. Down key and Scroll to Music EQ.

Got it now!  Thanks.  Great Forum and I will add my weight to the huge body of opinion that wants Track Time etc, added.

As a classical music lover it is very difficult to navigate long tracks. I wonder if the developers in SanDisk ever listen to classical music,  or do they think all tracks last 3 minutes?

Dear all,

I have just buy a Sansa Zip Clip and updated it to the last software V01.01.20F.

Here in the north of Italy the RDS info does not work.

I can see the right name of only one station “R.PIPER”, for all the other FM stations I see some strange characters, i.e.: KZTH, KYZX, KZNY, KYTK, WCEA, KZQS, KZAQ, KZOA, KYZX, KZAV, …

Thanks. Regards.

I installed the new firmware and soon after my mp3 player started crashing. I restarted it a few times but it kept crashed. Tried pluging it into the computer and that failed. I just tried to reinstall the firmware and it will not register or turn on. Basically the new firmware just seemed to brick my Clip Zip. Does anyone have any simulare problem?

When a playlist is created in Rhapsody and then transferred to the Clip Zip it adds the tracks from the playlist, but the playlist won’t show all the the tracks it should have.  For example if a playlist has 39 songs it may only show 29 of them once it’s transferred into the clipzip.  Is there a fix to this?  Thanks.

Thanks for a new firmware

In my moblie phone has “now playing menu”

I hope sansa clip zip will have.

Although I appreciate the constant updates that the developer’s team is putting out,  I am still baffled why they haven’t yet added a track count and a current time/total time functions.

Besides the fact that basically every player on the market has those functions, be it an mp3 player, cd/dvd player, blu-ray player, or a software designed to play music, like winamp (even my old VCR shows the current time and the total time or the time remaining!), this feature has been requested repeatedly and insistently on this forum.

In case my previous statements haven’t made this clear enough, I would strongly appreciate if I could see the above functions integrated in the Clip Zip.

I find it hard to believe that I have to register and write a post to request this most basic functionality for an mp3 player.

Thank you for emphasizing this, yet again, for the developers.  I just don’t get it, either; it’s not as if the Clip line hasn’t been a good investment for SanDisk . . . .

Not everybody is a electronic addict,yet thats what it seems  you have to be to get the sandisk to function.All I wanted to do is listen to a book,not go to college for 4 yrs to learn how .Never again.   John

@shadyj1 wrote:

Not everybody is a electronic addict,yet thats what it seems  you have to be to get the sandisk to function.All I wanted to do is listen to a book,not go to college for 4 yrs to learn how .Never again.   John

With all due respect, what is your issue?  You haven’t posted anything here, and your only other post in the forums is uninformative.

I find the Clips easy to use, in that no media manager is needed.  Simply copy on your computer the files you want to put on your player, and then paste them where you want on your player.  Done.  Just like on your computer.

Do note that, for full functionality, it’s generally best to have the files’ ID3 tags filled in.  As is the case with the majority of players nowadays.

If you have an issue and need help, best to start your own thread (not just put the issue here, in this different thread) and describe the issue and what you’ve tried.  You also can telephone SanDisk customer support for help–at least in the U.S., it’s a quick, tollfree call.

i have the samething to the FM radio
is also 1MHz signal and a green screen when i power my sansa on
it happens sometimes
i hope theres a new firmware update
this coming June 2012 that includes
a new feather to the system and a
better Fm radio service signal
to the US state

@panda1212 wrote:

i hope theres a new firmware update
this coming June 2012

I wouldn’t hold my breath.