Sansa Clip+ won't turn on/Driver won't update

Hi guys,

My less than 1 month old 2gb Sansa Clip+ stopped working yesterday.  I had listened to it for about an hour, turned it off, and three hours later, it would not turn on.

I tried resetting it, but that did not work.  I plugged it in and it was recognized as a Removable Disk.  A Windows message said I needed to format it in order to use it so I tried, but Windows said it could not be formatted.

I then went to checked its properties to discover it says it has 0 bytes available/used, no name, and is unable to install any driver. It has “C:\Windows/System32/DRIVER/disk.sys” listed as its driver.  I tried opening Sansa updater, but it just kept checking for updates with no results.

Also, I’ve never really held it while it has been plugged in/charging before, but it seems to me that it gets hot.

I have to run to class and then work so I won’t be able to respond until past 9:00pm central tonight.  I hope you guys can help.  I only have a couple days left to return this, so I want to try everything possible to fix it.

Firstly, Sansa warranty is 1 year for US and 2 years for Europe, so don’t worry if you miss your seller terms, just contact them and ask for RMA.

As to reviving it — try holding the power button for 20-30 sec while holding the Home button. If this doesn’t work — exchange it.

@iamjohn wrote:

Hi guys,

My less than 1 month old 2gb Sansa Clip+ stopped working yesterday.  I had listened to it for about an hour, turned it off, and three hours later, it would not turn on.

Try this.

@notgod wrote:

Firstly, Sansa warranty is 1 year for US and 2 years for Europe, so don’t worry if you miss your seller terms, just contact them and ask for RMA.

As to reviving it — try holding the power button for 20-30 sec while holding the Home button. If this doesn’t work — exchange it.

I tried the power /home button holding fix, but it did not work either.  Thank you for the warranty info though, I’m probably just going to do that.

If you purchased locally to you and convenient, you might want to exchange the player for a new one (even though returns to SanDisk can work easily enough–still, there is a time element to it).