sansa clip wont start up.

i wat listening to music…then clicked to switch song…and the player “blacked out” (turned off without goodbye screen)

now it wont start up…when i try to connect to usb nothing happens…even with hold button on and pressing the center button…plz help me

tnx :slight_smile:

Try resetting: hold the on switch in the up position for 15-30 seconds.

i tried that…i held it up for like 1 min…and nothing happend…

what else i can do?

Try this: plug your clip to pc, then push up the power button of the clip about 5 seconds. If the device doesn’t turn on, try to turn on several times.

good luck

alright!!! it worked! tnx :))

but why these things happen?

earlier it just froze on some music track…

do all sansa clip players have these bugs? or my piece is defected?

Did you update the firmware to version 20?

dunno if its ver. 20…but i updated 2-3 days ago. my guess is its most up to date…

On your Clip, go to Settings > System Info to confirm that you have Version V01.01.20.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 03-13-2008 01:23 PM

yes its .20… so why does these freezes happen? all clips have these failures?

It’s impossible for us to know what happened with your Clip.  Can you try to duplicate the problem?

Either you have a bad Clip, or you’ve found some bug in the firmware, possibly due to it not being able to process the song you selected, but who knows.

The only firmware problem I’ve ever encountered on my Clip was that the “refresh database” phase would sometimes freeze, but that hasn’t happened since loading the latest firmware.

i cant duplicate the problem…

it can play all songs just fine…but 1 time it froze on me while trying to change track…so i did the hold thing and upg. the firmware…and then some other time it just turned off while i fast forward a track (1/2 battery)…and didnt connect to comp…(the problem i started the topic about)…

btw this player is new…just got it less than 3 weeks ago…

should i go replace the piece next time something like this happens?

When it froze on you while trying to change tracks, were you pressing the right/forward button?  If so, that in combination with your fast-forward problem means there’s a possibility there’s something wrong with that particular button.  Maybe it’s sticking, or something.

Who knows, but it can’t hurt to return the player if your store’s return policy permits it.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 03-13-2008 04:03 PM

@promisedplanet wrote:

Who knows, but it can’t hurt to return the player if your store’s return policy permits it.

i disagree, if you are unable to reproduce the issue i would not worry about it. it was probably just a fluke.

Did it happen during a particular song?  Maybe it was a corrupt file.

I’d definitely hurry and decide before your exchange period is over. 

Did it happen during a particular song?  Maybe it was a corrupt file.  Mine’s never done that.

I’d definitely hurry and decide before your exchange period is over.

@drlucky wrote:

@promisedplanet wrote:

i disagree, if you are unable to reproduce the issue i would not worry about it. it was probably just a fluke.

What happens if it IS a physical issue with the player, and it doesn’t happen again until after his return period is over?

@jay_dee63 wrote:
Did it happen during a particular song?  Maybe it was a corrupt file.  Mine’s never done that.

I thought about it being a corrupt file, which is why I asked if he could reproduce it.  He then said that all songs play OK.

@promisedplanet wrote:

@drlucky wrote:

@promisedplanet wrote:

What happens if it IS a physical issue with the player, and it doesn’t happen again until after his return period is over?

if it is a phisical defect sandisk will rma the device.

as i said…i just bought it…the warranty is for a year…

so maybe ill just use it a couple months then replace it for a new 1?

Or you could replace it right away, and not have to deal with the issues you described.