sansa clip won't power up after firmware upgrade

i upgraded the clip, and I’m not sure but i think that it didn’t have much battery to upgrade, now it doesn’t  power up, no matter how longer i hold up the power switch (to reset), connecting it to pc with hold and the center button pressed, nothing helps…

thanks in advance!

I take it you didn’t heed the very 1st line in the Firmware Update instructons:

1. Ensure your battery is > 50% full.

I’d leave it connected to the computer for a few hours in the hopes it will take a charge. Then try a reset again. With any luck it might revive, complete the update and be no worse for wear.

I take it you didn’t heed the very 1st line in the Firmware Update instructons:

1. Ensure your battery is > 50% full.

I’d leave it connected to the computer for a few hours in the hopes it will take a charge. Then try a reset again. With any luck it might revive, complete the update and be no worse for wear.

tried it, didn’t work, the clip just started to install the new firmware and then just shut down

itself because it didn’t have  much batter, which means that it installed just a part of the firmware,

or just deleted the old one without enough time to even start the firmware install…

any other ideas?

(p.s. sorry for my poor english, i’m not from the u.s) :stuck_out_tongue:

millitaryman69 wrote:

tried it, didn’t work, the clip just started to install the new firmware and then just shut down

itself because it didn’t have  much batter, which means that it installed just a part of the firmware,

or just deleted the old one without enough time to even start the firmware install…

any other ideas?

(p.s. sorry for my poor english, i’m not from the u.s) :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like you have the Sansa Updater installed. Get rid of it, then you should be able to plug in long enough to charge your player…once it is fully charged, then you can think about updating it.

(*sigh* hate my english, i leaded to so much misunderstanding) i get that you didn’t get what happend to my clip, it just doesn’t power up, even not after connecting it to the pc! i can’t put any files or delete them, the sansa clip drive isn’t shown in “computer” (in win7, like “my computer” in xp :stuck_out_tongue: ) it can’t charge, (probably because it doesn’t have any [complete] firmware to boot to) and trying to reset it also doesn’t work.

well, i hope you understanded me this time :stuck_out_tongue:, anyway thanks about everything! :smiley:

Message Edited by millitaryman69 on 05-28-2010 09:05 AM

It sounds like you need to get a charge into it in order for it to be able to complete the firmware upgrade. If it will not connect to and be recognized by your computer in this state, maybe you should try getting an AC-USB wall charger. They are fairly inexpensive and a good thing to have around anyway when you simply want to charge it up without adding or deleting any songs on the player.

Some cell phone chargers will also work.

tried it, didn’t work, I need somehow to get any firmware installed on the clip (not just a “bin” file, though it can work if the piece of firmware that tells it how recognize the bin file and how to install it has installed before the battery runned out) , and now i probably don’t have any firmware or just i piece of the firmware installed, and i can’t check, my clip acts right now like a piece of plastic :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: as i figured it out, the battery isn’t the reason that the clip doesn’t power on, the reason is that it doesn’t have a firmware or only have a piece of the firmware)

Message Edited by millitaryman69 on 05-28-2010 10:19 AM

millitaryman69 wrote:

edit: as i figured it out, the battery isn’t the reason that the clip doesn’t power on, the reason is that it doesn’t have a firmware or only have a piece of the firmware)

I don’t agree with this, but good luck to you. You may want to call SanDisk Tech Support  and see if they can help with this problem.

maybe you’r right (i hope so), i guess i’ll just have to give them a call…

well, if anyone gets any any idea…

thanks anyway, and have a good day!