sansa clip+ with sandisk 64gb sdxc can formatted in fat32

Hi everyone ,

am at a bit of a loss

I got a 64gb sdxc card  and formated it as fat32.

have put it in the clip+ but it cannot see the files on the device say that sd is 0 meg and drive is empty.

but this is the odd thing i put in the clip+ via usb and i can see the files on the drive on my pc and see if listed as fat 32

any help would be much apricated I have latest firmware and even tried rockbox

many thanks

Mat

its a class 10 card , should i return this?

ta

What software did you use to re-format the card? Maybe you should try another.

Could it be that the Clip+ doesn’t support 64gb cards?

Assuming that it does, perhaps you could try deleting the file/files that the Clip+ uses as a database. I don’t have a Clip+ myself, but if it’s anything like the Fuze, perhaps the name of this file is “MTABLE.SYS”. It couldn’t hurt, since the file will automatically be rebuilt from scratch.

@halonachos117 wrote:

Could it be that the Clip+ doesn’t support 64gb cards?

It doesn’t in its native exFAT (SDXC) format, but it will if re-formated to FAT32 (SDHC). Many have successfully done it and are enjoying the extra memory space. But it seems to depend on what formatting software you use; some will convert it properly while others won’t. Gui Format is one I’ve heard works well for this.

@mbover wrote:

its a class 10 card , should i return this?

ta

Some people have reported issues using (or, better said, trying to use) a Class 10 card in ths Clips.  At this point, safest to buy a Class 4 card for the Clip (or be able to return/exchange a Class 10 card, if it doesn’t work).