sansa clip quit working

my clip just stopped powering up.  It will turn on when hooked to the computer for charging and editing but as soon as I unplug the cord it wont turn back on.  Ive tried doing the 20 second reset thing a couple times and has not worked.  It made it through 11 months of my deployment here in Iraq but it might not make it on the flight home if it doesnt start up again.  does anyone have any suggestions? (besides quit listening to music when fighting bad guys)

thanks

Has all the symptoms of the dreaded detached-battery-lead problem, in which case you’re hosed unless you want to try opening it up and soldering the lead back on.

You can’t get to the Clip’s menu at all, even when connected to your computer, right?

yes thats correct, no menu at all.  i may try the open up route, probably just toss it.  thanks

Help mine did that to and i cant work it at all. What do i do? like can i get a new battry or something like that?

Did you read above as to the proposed solution, reattaching a possibly-detached battery lead?

my sansa will sometimes turn on and play untill i touch a button then it wll shut off. Idk what to do.

Oh then it wont turn back on, so getting it to turn on and to stay on is my problem

I just noticed that I’m having the same problems with my Sansa Clip.  Initially I thought it was because I was running out of juice, so I plugged it into the car charger for my GPS (I’ve done it before with success).  Then I noticed that whenever I unplugged my Sansa, it died, just like others have described. 

I was soooo close to doing some surgery on my Sansa…but it still works when plugged into the car charger…so I guess I’ll deal with the lack of portability of it.  LOL  Good thing I drive a lot for my job. 

As noted above, likely a disconnected battery lead.

@sleepyhound wrote:

I just noticed that I’m having the same problems with my Sansa Clip.  Initially I thought it was because I was running out of juice, so I plugged it into the car charger for my GPS (I’ve done it before with success).  Then I noticed that whenever I unplugged my Sansa, it died, just like others have described. 

I was soooo close to doing some surgery on my Sansa…but it still works when plugged into the car charger…so I guess I’ll deal with the lack of portability of it.  LOL  Good thing I drive a lot for my job. 

Can I ask, where did get your Clip, and for how long have you had it?

I got my Clip a little over one year ago at a local retailer. 

And here i thought i was the only one with this problem. I’m to scared to attempt to open mine up. So far the only solution i’ve heard is detatched battery lead whatchamaycallit. Well that’s not telling me how to get it fixed. I could try to get a new one but the one I got was a gift.

To fix:

1.  Pry case open.

2.  Reattach detached battery lead, using solder or conductive epoxy glue.

Further info.:  try the search box at upper left.