Sansa Clip+ Play All

I just purchased a Sansa 4GB Clip and I am trying to figure out how to get my songs in order on the play all list. It works fine when I put my songs in the playlist. But the songs and artists are all mixed up on the play all. I like the play all because I can listen to continuous music without stopping and changing to next list of songs like on playlist. Can anybody  help me with this. I have tried to put the number of each song with a track number with ID3 but that does not work either.

@mbarz wrote:

the songs and artists are all mixed up on the play all. I like the play all because I can listen to continuous music without stopping and changing to next list of songs like on playlist. Can anybody  help me with this. I have tried to put the number of each song with a track number with ID3 but that does not work either.

The songs and artists are listed alphabetically.  Have you tried play all in folder view?

If you want to play each whole album completely before it starts the next album, the go to music>albums>play all. Track numbers order the songs within an album. If you want a bunch of songs to play in a specific order, you can create playlists, or a much easier option is to use the player’s go list. The go list holds up to 200 songs, and you can put an entire album or artist on the go list in one step. I don’t know if this answers your question, as I am unsure exactly what you are trying to do, and how you want them ordered.

I have used the playlist to list 4 or 5 songs with one artist, which works fine except after each album I have start again to play the next artist. What I was trying to do was just play all the songs without starting the next artist. I ride a motorcycle and it would be easier to just use play all and that way I do not have to start or stop for songs. I tried to download the songs on the folder in order, but it does not work. It downloads in random order. I have tried to just get the songs for each artists, which are about 4 or 5 songs. When I use play all it will play 2 or 3 songs for one artist then play another artist then go back to the other artist and play the other 2.

Then why not choose music>artists>play all? I assume that all your music is properly tagged so this will work properly. If not, then you can download the free tag editor mp3Tag which makes tag editing very easy. You should edit the tags on the song copies on your pc, delete the songs on the player, then copy the songs to the player again. Editing tags directly  on the files on the player has caused a number of problems so it should be avoided.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/