Sansa Clip+ not responding!

Okay so I have been using a black sansa clip+ for the past few months, and now for some reason today it was stuck on the music play list on pause but I could not do anything, so I used the power button (held it for 20 seconds to turn it off, then turned it back on) However, it will turn back on, but stay stuck on the sandisk symbol thing.

It goes back to the music selection where it froze initially and I can’t do anything to it after leaving the player stay on the sandisk symbol for 5-10 minutes.

I tried to charge my player hoping that was the problem, when plugged in to a usb my computer can detect it and it will turn on, but it has a delay for when it charges (usually 3-5 mins). After it was fully charged I tried to play it again but it would be stuck on the music button.

Power off again, power back on and im back to being stuck on the symbol.

any help would be appreciated,
thanks

EDIT: i cannot turn my clip+ on anymore now, but my computer can detect and load it up.

Can you use your computer to run a chkdsk on your Clip (right-click on the Clip drive and go under Properties) or to reformat it (note:  reformatting will erase your content)?  That could fix matters.

I backed up my music and reformatted the internal memory, but the same freezing thing still happens.

However I can turn the clip back on, but it stays stuck on the sandisk symbol.

@tedchelol wrote:

I backed up my music and reformatted the internal memory, but the same freezing thing still happens.

However I can turn the clip back on, but it stays stuck on the sandisk symbol.

The only other thing to do at this point to to re-install the firmware. The link and simple instructions to do it are here. (Don’t use the Updater)

updated the firmware, saw the message saying firmware updated, however after trying to turn it back on it still gets stuck on the sandisk symbol =/

I’d call Customer Support at this point–your player is being very stubborn as to the regular fixes, I’m sorry to say.

In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.