sansa clip no longer working

ok so about 5 months ago i recieved a used sansa clip for free from a freind who got an iphone for her bday and no longer needed it anyways it was working great until this morning when i tried turning it off it froze on the goodbye screen i managed to reset it but now it wont turn on ive tried every method i could find on the web but nothing worked when i connected it to my xp pc it started installing new drivers and labeled the player as removable disk f and stated the device needed to be formated but it gave me an error saying it couldnt  format so i disconnected it then reconnected and now windows gives me a device not recognized error and labels the player as an unknown device nothing shows on the lcd screen when the device is connected as well

any advice on how to fix cause i really like this player can it be fixed at all cause im so frustrated atm im ready to take a hammer to it and samsh it

thanks in advance

Sounds like the reset didn’t take. I’d do it again. Press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds; although in some stubborn cases, it’s been reported to take up to a minute or more.

Release, and then press the power button again momentarily to turn it on. With any luck, it should power up normally.

ive tried holding the power button already it didnt work 

If there is a microSD card in there, take it out.  Then try holding down the power button again.  A long time. Count slowly to 30. 

If that fails,  open Computer or My Computer (depending on your Windows) and connect the USB to the computer. Hold down the up arrow while plugging the mini-USB into the unit. 

And if that doesn’t work, go to Device Manager (how you get there depends on which Windows, so you have have to check Help files). See if there are any yellow warning triangles with exclamation points under USB drives. If so, right-click and Uninstall (not Disable). Disconnect the Sansa. Reboot. 

Do this again: Open Computer or My Computer (depending on your Windows) and connect the USB to the computer. Hold down the up arrow while plugging the mini-USB into the unit. See if it shows up. 

ive tried all of those and still nothing works windows dosent even recognize the device  it say the device has malfunctioned i also held the power button in for a min and nothing happened  

Did you go into Device Manager and Uninstall the malfunctioning device? 

sorry for the not replying anyways yes i did it dosent matter though i gave upon it and bought a refurbished one from amazon for 20 bucks thanks for the help though