Sansa Clip keeps turning off and on automatically

My 2G Sansa Clip starting acting up today. It automatically keeps turning itself off and on. I reformatted it and it doesnt seem to help. It wont stay on long enough to update the firmware. Any suggestions? Thanks!

It won’t stay powered on even while plugged into your computer?

Nope. Does the same thing when its plugged in.  Its just weird. 

what is the reason and repair thanks

Is it a Clip+ or an (original) Clip with the round scroll wheel? Could it still be under warranty? Otherwise, it’s not sounding good.

@hollythornal wrote:

what is the reason and repair thanks

Smiley

Bad form indeed! At least have the courtesy to wait unit the OP’s issue is reolved, or discussed a bit further before tagging on with a “me too”. :wink:

its an original and not under warranty. However, I kept on it last night. I reloaded the sansa updater and plugged the mp3 player into my computer. the updater was able to communicate with it long enough to keep it from shutting off and on. I was able add the new firmware and music files. when it was unplugged it refreshed and updated the firmware. It was back to normal all day.  Let’s hope it stays straight. Thanks! 

Sometimes just leaving the Clip, seemingly nonfunctional, plugged into a computer overnight or for a few days can lead to a fix.  Good show!    :slight_smile:

It’ll sometimes stay on while the fm radio is playing but won’t stay turned on while I’m trying to play music and won’t stay stay on while plugged in to the computer either, and than sometimes it turns back on automatically

Sorry if this is Hi Jacking a thread but this is simular to what my original is doing also

Did you try a reset (hold the on switch down for 20-30 seconds, or more)?  How about reapplying the latest firmware (see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum)? 

I agree with you tapeworm bad reply.

Well it worked for a little while. Now its back to doing the same thing. Just turning off and on whether its plugged into the computer or not. Have any idea what is causing this?

You  might try a reset (with a Clip+, hold the on button down for 20-30 seconds) and/or reapplying the latest firmware (see the firmware upgrade sticky thread at the top of the forum)–the firmware can become corrupted over time.