Sansa Clip Keeps Deleting Files from my MicroSD Card

Hi All,

I’m very very frustrated with this stupid thing. I’ve tried loading songs via USB to the SD card but when I unplug it (using the safely remove) and turn the sansa clip on, it says “No Songs”. I plug the sansa clip back in and the songs are gone. I’ve tried multiple things but no matter what I try I can’t load songs.  I’ve tried plugging the SD directly into the laptop, load songs and then plugging into clip - same thing. I’ve tried 2 different SD cards, I’ve tried loading rockbox, I’ve updated to the latest firmware. When I load the songs, I can play the songs from the SD card so I know they are transferring correctly. Any suggestions??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I have a 32gb MicroSD card and I’ve set the USB mode to “MSC”.

How are you transferring the songs to the player–via copy and paste or some sort of sync program such as Windows Media Player? if the latter, the sync settings could be deleting the songs/files–you might want to look into the settings for the software.

Hi,

Thank-you for your reply but I have since learnt there is an eBay scam with SD Cards. They appear to be 32gb but are in fact <2gb. Unfortunately I have been scammed on 2 SD Cards.

I purchased a SD card from a retail store and all my problems have been fixed!

Cheers

Wow, that’s a bummer but yes, there are a lot of fake.counterfeit memory cards being sold on eBay. Lucky for you though eBay has their Buyer Protection program. File a claim _ immediately _ (if not sooner) and with any luck you’ll get reimbursed.

It’s also a good idea to notify eBay of this seller and the fruadulant merchandise he’s selling. They don’t like or want these thieves mucking up their site or reputation any more than you do, but they need to know about a problem before they can do anything about it. They will suspend any items currently being offered for sale and freeze the account of the seller so they can refund the customers as they become known.

Wow, that’s a bummer but yes, there are a lot of fake/counterfeit memory cards being sold on eBay. Lucky for you though eBay has their Buyer Protection program. File a claim _ immediately _ (if not sooner) and with any luck you’ll get reimbursed.

It’s also a good idea to notify eBay of this seller and the fruadulant merchandise he’s selling. They don’t like or want these thieves mucking up their site or reputation any more than you do, but they need to know about a problem before they can do anything about it. They will suspend any items currently being offered for sale and freeze the account of the seller so they can refund the customers as they become known.