Sansa clip+ 4Gb destroy the formating of the sd card

Hello everyone,

I have a sansa clip+ 4Gb and I can’t seem to make it accept micro sd cards. I alredy tryed to upgrad to the last firmware and it did nothing .

what appen:

I put music on the sd card when it’s in the card slot on the computer. Then I put the card in the clip and it gives the refreshing your media message. After tha I try to acces teh music and it’s not there, it’s not in in the recently added section and if I go to the card folder it says it’s empty. If i put the sd card back in the computer it demand if I want to format the new drive (it seem to have been scrambled).

I’ve tried adding musid directly on the card from the clip when it’s connected and no luck. I’ve tried on MSC,  MTP and auto detect.

I’ve tried on a win 7 32 and a Win 7 64 machine.

Any advice? Am I not seeing something or did I buy a dud?

Etienne

What is the format is the music files? Is it a supported format? Do they have ID3 tags (and are they in the correct format)?

Did you buy the card off of eBay? There are so many counterfeit/unusable/nonworking cards being sold from eBay that this could be your problem. Stay away from eBay unless you’re certain the card is legit; however I’m not sure how to tell because the counterfeiters are pretty good these days. Often you won’t know until it’s too late.

Message Edited by mlip on 05-21-2010 10:18 AM

Hi. I have the similar problem with my Clip+ and my Kingston microSD 2GB card. My computer detect both player and this 2GB card, but the player doesn’t see it. When I put a card into the SD slot, my player shows “Refreshing media”, but after that there’s no new files added although they are still there. There is no problem with 4GB microSDHC card, it works perfectly. Soft version 01.02.13P. EDIT: Nothing changes with 01.02.15P.

Message Edited by piterxpippin on 05-23-2010 03:57 AM

piterxpippin wrote:
Hi. I have the similar problem with my Clip+ and my Kingston microSD 2GB card. My computer detect both player and this 2GB card, but the player doesn’t see it. When I put a card into the SD slot, my player shows “Refreshing media”, but after that there’s no new files added although they are still there. There is no problem with 4GB microSDHC card, it works perfectly. Soft version 01.02.13P. EDIT: Nothing changes with 01.02.15P.

You might try anothre card, if you have access to one. There have been known compatibility issues with the Kingston brand of card and SanDisk mp3 players before, but it was always thought to be limited to video files only. Maybe it’s not.

Indeed, there might be a compatibility issue, though it isn’t as likely with basic audio files.  Still, you never know…  Do the files have proper ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1 (Latin-1) tags on them?  You can try a little trick: use the Folder View mode,  going to the following:

Music > Folders > External uSD Card

Have a look and see if anything is there.  If all of the music files show up in this mode, you have an ID3 tag issue.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Tapeworm: Maybe this is it. I need to find someone with some SD card to check :stuck_out_tongue:

neutron_bob: All the files on my Clip+ (on flash memory, at SDHC card and this SD one) have proper tags made with Picard by myself :wink: It can’t be tag issue. When I check the card by folders, it says [Empty].

Since the 4GB card reads correctly, we know that your Clip’s card slot contacts are OK.  Most interesting…and the 2GB (Kingston) can be accessed and read fine from the PC with a card reader?

I would try formatting the uSD card as FAT (as it’s a 2GB card) and see if this solves the issue.

Bob  :dizzy_face:

Exactly. My computer sees this Kingston without any problem. The same is with my phone. I tried formatting it from FAT to FAT 32, but it didn’t work. I’ll try the other way, from FAT32 to FAT :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Unfortunately it didn’t work.

Message Edited by piterxpippin on 05-24-2010 01:20 PM

You have a counterfeit microcard. Where did you get it, off of the internet- Craigslist/eBay or from a reputable seller? Call Kingston 1 800 337 3719 and read the info stamped on the card to the tech support agent and they will confirm that you have a fake card. There are millions of these fake cards floating around the internet, if you don’t believe me just ask the Kingston rep.

I have the same issue. I put the music on the card through my computer. Put it in the clip when it is off, power it on, and the folder for the sd card is empty. I put the card back into the computer to check to make sure the music is on there and it asks me to format it everytime. I have tried numerous times.

I am using a 1GB SANDISK micro sd card. So it can’t be a card compatability issue.

Someone please help!!

Perhaps an obvious question, but could the microSD card itself be defective? 

Also, you might want to use your computer and reformat the card itself, and as part of that, check it for any errors, running chkdsk on it from your computer.