Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.13

We suggest you update the firmware through the Sansa Firmware Updater. If for any reason the Sansa Firmware Updater does not work for you, feel free to continue by trying the more “computer savy” steps described below.

Sansa Clip+ Firmware | Instructions | Release Notes

New Sansa Firmware Updater (Windows Version Only) - 

The latest Sansa Firmware Updater will update the Clip+ to the latest firmware.  If you do not have the Sansa Firmware Updater it can be downloaded here: Download Sansa Firmware Updater

If you prefer to use the drag and drop file method, then please follow the instructions below.

Mac  and  Linux  users can connect their Clip+ in MSC mode and follow the instructions below. 

**MSC mode instructions:

• Turn on the Clip+
  • Navigate to “Settings” on the menu of the device itself 
  • Next select “System Settings”
  • Next, navigate to “USB Mode” and select “MSC”**

For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download

Firmware Download for All Regions - Click Here to Download

All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.

• Ensure your battery is > 50% full

• Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer 
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Clip+ 
• Disconnect the Sansa Clip+ and let it begin the firmware update 
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off 
• Turn the Clip+ on Select your language and region preference 

• Once its back to the main menu, head to "Settings" > "System Settings" > "Info", and verify the "Version" is now 01.02.13

Sansa Clip+ Firmware 01.02.13 Release Notes

This firmware has several bug fixes and enhancements, as listed below. Upon completion of firmware upgrade, the device will turn off.  Power on device to complete the upgrade process.  If device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 10 seconds to reset the device and then release and press again to restart.

Enhancements:

• Enhancement for gapless playback with LAME encoded MP3 
  • FM volume is reduced at lower volume level
  • Russian language translation updates

Bugs Fixed    

·        Device restarts/freezes after changing backlight to 10 sec

·        Device hangs playing certain FLAC contents

KnownIssues:

·        Refresh database progress bar doesn't scale with time

·        FM signal is weakened during FM recording

·        Powering off device is not available during Locked state

·        Some language strings are in English 

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 04-16-2010 10:46 AM

What exactly does that mean, gapless playback with iTunes ripped files? People are going to think that means AAC support, aren’t they?

Marvin_Martian wrote:
What exactly does that mean, gapless playback with iTunes ripped files? People are going to think that means AAC support, aren’t they?

I was wondering the same thing. And the next question (from just about everyone) will be, “Does that mean the CD I ripped with Winamp/MediaMonkey/EAC/etc. won’t play ‘gapless’ on it?”

Tapeworm wrote:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. And the next question (from just about everyone) will be, “Does that mean the CD I ripped with Winamp/MediaMonkey/EAC/etc. won’t play ‘gapless’ on it?”

Quite right…if “iTunes” was substitutes with “LAME”,  on the other hand, most of the gapless fans will instantly know what that means and be happy. And LAME and FLAC were what I tested with, at any rate. I don’t have anything ripped in iTunes.

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 04-16-2010 01:37 PM

good point i will remove that now. Just an FYI this post is going to the public board so I will be deleting your question and my answer :) 

Not to be picky about it, but as long as you’re editing there’s several words under The Release Notes that could use some spaces betweeen them . . .

Thisfirmware has several bug fixes and enhancements, as listed below. Uponcompletion of firmware upgrade, the device will turn off.  Power on device to complete the upgradeprocess.  If device does not initiate orcomplete, press & hold the Power switch for 10 seconds to reset the deviceand then release and press again to restart.

Enhancements:

• Enhancement for gapless playback with iTunes’ ripped gapless files 
  • FM volume is reduced at lower volume level
  • Russian language translation updates

Bugs Fixed    

·        Device restarts/freezes afterchanging backlight to 10 sec

·        Device hangs playing certain FLACcontents

KnownIssues:

·        Refresh database progress bar doesn’tscale with time

·        FM signal is weakened during FM recording

·        Powering off device is not availableduring Locked state

·        Some language strings are in English 

Maybe the space bar on your keyboard is wearing out, or got some schmutz stuck under it. You been eatin’ pizza at your desk again? :stuck_out_tongue:

Tell the boss to pony up for a new keyboard for you; they’re pretty cheap at OfficeDepot. :wink:

got it thanks copy paste has failed me apparently

thanks 

Sweetness! Can’t wait to give this a run…too bad it will have to wait until after work.

Ditto!  :smiley:

I got my clip+ today and have directly installed the firmware upgrade, that was about one hour before you posted the new 01.02.13 version. Bad luck. :frowning:

reznor wrote:

I got my clip+ today and have directly installed the firmware upgrade, that was about one hour before you posted the new 01.02.13 version. Bad luck. :frowning:

Not at all. Just install this new update right over top. Takes all of about 3 minutes. Piece of cake! :smiley:

Neither update option works for me.  When I run Sansa Updater, it tells me there are now new updates for my Clip+, even though it is shown on the screen as being v01.02.09.  I have uninstalled the old version of Sansa Updater, downloaded the new version from the link provided, then installed the downloaded version TWICE and it still tells me that there are no new updates.  Then I tried to use the procedure for Mac/Linux users: downloaded the update .zip file and extracted the binary.  However, I was unable to either drag-and-drop or copy and paste the file to the Clip+ root directory or to the Internal Memory directory.  On drag/drop, Explorer would not highlight either the Clip+ device or the Internal Memory directory.  It would let me paste to the subdirectories of this, but I presume this will not allow the update (and am not willing to risk an experiment).  When I try to cut/paste, no Paste option is available when I select either the Clip+ device or the Internal Memory directory and then right-click the mouse.

I am anxious to get this update because I hope it will fix a glitch in my Clip+ which causes the pause function to fail intermittently.

Please advise best solution.

Thank you very much.

P.S.:  Just tested Sansa Updater with my old Clip and it worked fine - ran automatically when I plugged in the device, determined that an upgrade was available and updated the device (v01.01.32 to v.01.01.35).

Message Edited by coyote400 on 04-17-2010 09:27 AM

Message Edited by coyote400 on 04-17-2010 09:43 AM

With a new firmware release, the Sansa Updater may not “see” the new build for a short time.  The build has to be made available for the updater on the server. 

If you don’t see the latest build as available, simply download the firmware via this thread, unzip (decompress) it, and install manually.  The bin file is simply placed in the root directory of the Clip+.  Follow the directions in the first post of this thread.

You can install the firmware in either MSC or MTP modes.  If in MTP, there’s the additional step of selecting the Internal Memory first.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

GREAT to see the gapless support! Now if support for id3v2.4 (and album artist) would be included in some future firmware update, I’d be perfectly happy & wheedle anyone how awesome the Sansa is :wink:

Message Edited by Timar on 04-17-2010 11:42 AM

I installed the new firmware yesterday afternoon, and listened to my Clip+ on a three-hour trip.  I immediately noticed that I had to turn the volume up completely on the Clip and on my brother’s truck’s stereo to hear anything.  This was the case for every song.  Last week, in the same vehicle, I didn’t have this problem at all.  When we got to my dad’s house late last night, I re-installed the newest firmware and it apparently fixed the problem.  Weird!

@hulksmashnow wrote:
I installed the new firmware yesterday afternoon, and listened to my Clip+ on a three-hour trip.  I immediately noticed that I had to turn the volume up completely on the Clip and on my brother’s truck’s stereo to hear anything.  This was the case for every song.  Last week, in the same vehicle, I didn’t have this problem at all.  When we got to my dad’s house late last night, I re-installed the newest firmware and it apparently fixed the problem.  Weird!

Hi there,

got the same problem: after the update and choosing the exact same system-settings as before (European etc.), I noticed a decreased max volume level. What I did to fix this was: I reset to the factory default settings and chose “America” (the option besides EUROPE and REST OF THE WORLD), and the volume level is as perfect and loud as before this latest update.

Got my Sansa Clip+ yesterday, so I am a newbie, but could it be that the volume capping (known from other MP3-players, i.e. Apple) for some European countries is in effect now? 

Well, a simple reset to the factory settings should fix it.

-:-), Jackie

@estecado wrote:

@hulksmashnow wrote:

Hi there,

got the same problem: after the update and choosing the exact same system-settings as before (European etc.), I noticed a decreased max volume level. What I did to fix this was: I reset to the factory default settings and chose “America” (the option besides EUROPE and REST OF THE WORLD), and the volume level is as perfect and loud as before this latest update.

Got my Sansa Clip+ yesterday, so I am a newbie, but could it be that the volume capping (known from other MP3-players, i.e. Apple) for some European countries is in effect now? 

Jackie,

Thanks for your reply.  I live in America and chose that as my region after the firmware update.  This is when I discovered loss in volume.  I reset to default factory settings twice and had the same problems.  I’m going to downgrade to the previous firmware and see how the volume is.

HulkSmashNow wrote:

@estecado wrote:

@hulksmashnow wrote:

Hi there,

Jackie,

Thanks for your reply.  I live in America and chose that as my region after the firmware update.  This is when I discovered loss in volume.  I reset to default factory settings twice and had the same problems.  I’m going to downgrade to the previous firmware and see how the volume is.

Interesting…my volume didn’t change at all…good luck with solving it!

Thanks for new version! 

A few grammatical errors and English words in Russian translation

In “[…]” - more correct variant.

All words ‘Подтв.’ can be replaced by ‘Подтвердить’

Next - menu structure with corrections in […] (with ***)

Настройки

-Параметры музыки(button “Down”, when music plays)

-Рейтинг композиции - ***** Star[Балл], Stars[Баллов] ***

-Replay Gain

-Album [Альбом] ***

-Удалить Композицию [Удалить трек], because ‘Композицию’ is too long word

-Информация о треке

-Artist [Артист](required scrolling of value) ***

-Album [Альбом] (required scrolling of value) ***

-Genre [Жанр] ***

-CODEC [Кодек] ***

-Duration [Время] (more correct is ‘Длительность’, but string is too short ***

-Size [Размер] ***

-Bitrate [Битрейт] ***

-Sample rate [Частота] ***

-Track number [Номер трека] ***

-Year [Год] ***

-Дата и время

-Дата [Число] ***

-Время [Формат] ***

-Яркость

-Установить заводские настройки[Сброс настроек по-умолчанию]

-Информация

-Свободно - MB [МБ] (МБ is Russian) ***

Message Edited by Alex302 on 04-19-2010 06:17 PM

@marvin_martian wrote:

Interesting…my volume didn’t change at all…good luck with solving it!

Marvin,

Thanks, it seems to be working fine now.  Just a weird occurrence that threw me for a loop especially since I was on the road and away from internet access.  Hope no one else has this happen to them.  If so, I suggest just re-installing the new firmware.