We suggest you update the firmware through the Sansa Firmware Updater. If for any reason the Sansa Firmware Updater does not work for you, feel free to continue by trying the more “computer savy” steps described below.
Sansa Clip+ Firmware | Instructions | Release Notes
New Sansa Firmware Updater (Windows Version Only) -
The latest Sansa Firmware Updater will update the Clip+ to the latest firmware. If you do not have the Sansa Firmware Updater it can be downloaded here: Download Sansa Firmware Updater
If you prefer to use the drag and drop file method, then please follow the instructions below.
Mac and Linux users can connect their Clip+ in MSC mode and follow the instructions below.
**MSC mode instructions:
- Turn on the Clip+
- Navigate to “Settings” on the menu of the device itself
- Next select “System Settings”
- Next, navigate to “USB Mode” and select “MSC”**
For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download
Firmware Download for All Regions - Click Here to Download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full
• Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Clip+
• Disconnect the Sansa Clip+ and let it begin the firmware update
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off
• Turn the Clip+ on Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to "Settings" > "System Settings" > "Info", and verify the "Version" is now 01.02.13
Sansa Clip+ Firmware 01.02.13 Release Notes
This firmware has several bug fixes and enhancements, as listed below. Upon completion of firmware upgrade, the device will turn off. Power on device to complete the upgrade process. If device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 10 seconds to reset the device and then release and press again to restart.
- Enhancement for gapless playback with LAME encoded MP3
- FM volume is reduced at lower volume level
- Russian language translation updates
· Device restarts/freezes after changing backlight to 10 sec
· Device hangs playing certain FLAC contents
· Refresh database progress bar doesn't scale with time
· FM signal is weakened during FM recording
· Powering off device is not available during Locked state
· Some language strings are in English
Message Edited by slotmonsta on 04-16-2010 10:46 AM